Defensive Carry banner

Need suggestions for my beloved K-Frame!

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Spike66 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I want the option to start carrying my S&W 66-2 when I dont feel like carrying my PM9 in the pocket or PPS on the hip. I love my K-Frame and I love the way it shoots and there are times when a 6 shot revo is fine for me. Here is my criteria and was hoping someone had a holster that worked with this criteria or knew of one.

1) OWB
2) Leather
3) No more than $60 or so
4) Not so big that I cannot just wear a T and shorts

BTW, here is a pic of my 66....built in 1984, bought it NIB last year, was a parade gun for a police dept in the upper east part of the US. I know, cruddy pic!

See less See more
#7 ·
Did you also get the optional "inside the waistband straps" and if so, how does it move from IWB to OWB carry? Does it work well in both modes?

Thanks in advance!

#10 ·
I have looked at SGH...they are great, I have one for my PPS and it is a great fit/retention. I just realized they make a "high" slide that may be perfect......I dont normally like high ride but that may allow for easier concealement in the summer without having to have extra long T shirts.......

#15 ·
You mean like my The Slide OWB for $60 plus $6 shipping. Here is an exotic version with my 66-1 2.5". They are the best K-frames IMHO.

Here is a prototype I made for my 66 3+ years ago for The Slide that I still use for my 66.

#16 ·
I sent Erik a email earlier tonight asking him about anything he might have in stock especially in a "high slide" model...thoguhts from you on the high vs regular slide? Thought I may be able to not worry about longer shirts with the high slide.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.