High Noon "Public Secret"

This is a discussion on High Noon "Public Secret" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by harley2007 I thought the same thing about the weatherstripping, but if it works, then it works...not sure it is a better mousetrap ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High Noon "Public Secret"

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    I thought the same thing about the weatherstripping, but if it works, then it works...not sure it is a better mousetrap but what they heck.
    True enough if it works, and it probably does, then great. What put me off was all the hype they put with it regarding other makers they alledge are using an unworkable method by using stitched in sight channels which they alledge don't work and can damage your gun and that they are the only ones to get it right. As Col. Potter used to say. "horse hockey" That kind of hype is totaly not needed, particularly in this market, I doubt they are hurting for business.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I don't view it as hype, but simply pointing out the difference in what they are doing and why they do it. I doubt that they would invest in the tooling needed to do that if they didn't feel it was a honest added feature.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I don't view it as hype, but simply pointing out the difference in what they are doing and why they do it. I doubt that they would invest in the tooling needed to do that if they didn't feel it was a honest added feature.
    Agreed. Different people can view it differently. That's how I view it. As to the investment in equipment. Cmon now a knife and stitcher which you allready have. Actually much less time involved doing it their way and time is money. A+ for ingenuity. No problem there. However stitched in sight rails, properly done, work just as well although they do take more work. Saying that other makers do it becuase they can use up scrap leather and it is cheap insinuates they are ripping off their customers. Care to tell that to Mitch and Tony?

I agree with both sides, but from my perspecitve, if it works great, no matter what approach is used and form the pictures at least, the holsters look nicely made.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Hmmm! They must have gotten more than a few negaive comments. I see they have edited out some of the more offensive, in my opinion, content.

Quote Originally Posted by Denster View Post
    They do make nice holsters. However that bit of advertising regarding their new sight channel puts me off a bit. They spend a lot of time denigrating other makers for using stitched in sight channels, which when properly done present none of the problems they alude to and work nicely. Their new version, while it may work, looks suspiciously like a piece of stitched in weather stripping.
    True enough if it works, and it probably does, then great. What put me off was all the hype they put with it regarding other makers they alledge are using an unworkable method by using stitched in sight channels which they alledge don't work and can damage your gun and that they are the only ones to get it right. As Col. Potter used to say. "horse hockey" That kind of hype is totaly not needed, particularly in this market, I doubt they are hurting for business.
    Agreed. Different people can view it differently. That's how I view it. As to the investment in equipment. Cmon now a knife and stitcher which you allready have. Actually much less time involved doing it their way and time is money. A+ for ingenuity. No problem there. However stitched in sight rails, properly done, work just as well although they do take more work. Saying that other makers do it becuase they can use up scrap leather and it is cheap insinuates they are ripping off their customers. Care to tell that to Mitch and Tony?
    Hmmm! They must have gotten more than a few negaive comments. I see they have edited out some of the more offensive, in my opinion, content.

The page was not meant to be taken that way. It was to just state the facts and give a comparison. It is interesting to see how people interpret things. If we were sitting across from each other having a conversation I doubt very much you would have taken it that way. But if one person interprets the page like that, and yes you are the only one, that’s one too many for us. Could be many people thought that and did not say anything. So, we went to the page and reread it to ourselves. Could that page have been done with more professionalism, ABSOLUTLTY YES. We agree with you on that fact and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. It could have been much more polished. We changed the wording around so as not to make someone uncomfortable or intimidated in any way. We hope we got it correct this time.

We do happen to disagree with your interpretation on a few points.

1. We never said it would damage your gun.

2. We never said we were the only ones to get it right.

3. We never said other makers were ripping off their customers because they use a different method then us.

4. We know you did not mean it this way but you cast a doubt of suspicion on us when you state” the site track looks suspiciously like a piece of stitched in weather stripping”. As if we bought it from home depo and then lied about having it made for us. Don’t you think after using it for 15 years someone would have figured that out? That track had to be designed and then tooling had to be made and purchased to make it. The track was made for the purpose it was designed for. It’s not weather stripping bought over the counter. Not sure if you ever looked at it up close. Extreme Close Up Site Track Weather stripping sure does not have all that design work in it. The track is also much too hard and slick to even act as weather stripping. Sixto has the holster, please report back on this one. Put your finger in there, Is the material slick and harder than any weather stripping you have encountered? Do you think it would stop the flow of air very well with all those ridges in it?

5. This quote is just plain misinformation: “As to the investment in equipment. Cmon now a knife and stitcher which you already have.” Denster, on this one, you really do not understand what you are talking about. A knife and stitcher puts the track in, but that does not get the track manufactured and in your hands. Sixto had it correct “I doubt that they would invest in the tooling needed to do that if they didn't feel it was an honest added feature.” You list your occupation as a leather worker, we are surprised you got this totally wrong and did not understand.

Anyway we thank you again for helping us fix the page.

Take care
    Alex
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Ok, someone struck a nerve! Seriously, it is a forum and I understand your concerns because once someone says something, it can be wrongfully understood as fact when it is just opinion, and we all know what opinions are like! Bottom line, as an online shopper, I really, really appreciate the layout of the High Noon site, where all the features are explained with great magnified photos, seriously. It makes compariosns with other makers easier and I wish all would folow suit since we seldom get to see a makers wares up close.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Alex

Did you miss the part where I said you make nice holsters?
    Just a couple of points. Originally you stated that the makers that were using stitched in sight rails were using scraps that were going into the waistbasket anyway and that the stitching added additional wear points and that pusing in on the front of the holster would defeat their purpose.
    I was looking at the infered content, and no I'm not the only one that took it this way this is not the only board on the net.
    As to the weather stripping it does look like the type used under windows on the sill and yes I did look at the extreme close up.
    Makes little difference anyway as it looks like a workable idea, I doubt you would be using it if it were not, and would cut down significantly on working time.
    We agree that the content on your site currently is more professional.
    I still think you make really nice holsters.

Yes we appreciate that. Thank you for the complement.
    Just for the record, we did test that method of site track extensively. Pushed a certain way if that leather touches the front site and you draw, we got a ball of leather in our tests.

Hope that helps clear things up.
    Alex
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Administrator
    After looking at the site track on my holster, its clearly not weather stripping. It does have a very similar shape though.

Denster, do you make holsters? I wouldn't mind having a locally made holster.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Speaking of the clip, this thing is more robust that any other clip I've seen. Its thin and lightweight, yet super strong. It really grabs on to the belt.
    I have the clip version of the Public Secret, also. I wear it with no belt when I hit the creek for fishing on the weekends.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I certainly hope that this thread doesn't get derailed. It's part of the super duper Sixto project!

I, for one, want pics (I know, they're coming ) and to see how this holster holds up to professional use.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I certainly hope that this thread doesn't get derailed. It's part of the super duper Sixto project!

I, for one, want pics (I know, they're coming ) and to see how this holster holds up to professional use.
    It won't get derailed. Part of the purpose is to point out both lows and highs of holster design so I'm very much open to dialog like what Denster just posted. I'm slow with pictures and I apologize. I have the day off tomorrow and intend on posting a few then. I don't want to post any of the holster being worn until I get the right belt. That should arrive any day now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I've had a High Noon 'Need for Speed' for about 6 months now and love it! The sight rail can in no way be confused with weather stripping (from a door, window, and wood guy), I love the fact that the sight doesn't come close to touching anything. That means no wearing of the finish on my black front sight, it did leave some black streaks on my stainless slide but that disappeared after a few hundred draws, and cleaned off during normal cleaning.

H.N. is top notch for sure... only wish I had the funds for all the models I want.

Thanks for the review Six, can't wait for the pic's :)
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

It will be interesting to see the pics of you wearing it. As to the review I don't expect any surprises. That is about as well designed an IWB holster as I have seen. I like the idea of using synthetics for a stiffener rather than steel for the stated reasons and others. The retention screw, while I don't consider it absolutely necessasary in an IWB, is a nice touch and the installation is really nice following the lines of the holster and not looking like it was an afterthought. The holes in the bottom of the belt loops are a nice touch and I don't know why everyone doesn't do that. Doesn't affect strength and the loops lay along the belt so much nicer.
    My Piq with the sight track thing aside, you can not fault HN's quality of work. I'm particularly inpressed with the amount of detail they can get with their horsehide. I think I'm pretty good with HH but even with soft jacked I can't get it that crisp. My hats off to them on that one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links