High Noon "Public Secret"

This is a discussion on High Noon "Public Secret" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glad you like it! I have a High Noon Tail Gate horsehide and I really like it. High Noon are good holsters. However, I do ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High Noon "Public Secret"

GM
    Glad you like it! I have a High Noon Tail Gate horsehide and I really like it. High Noon are good holsters. However, I do not like at all their mag carriers; I think that they ride too high and that they are too clumsy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

2. Remove Ads

Glad to hear about the good review. I'm thinking of getting a Public Secret for my G26, mainly to ride in appendix carry position. I have a Hidden Ally, but it rides too low. Considering the Mr. Softy too, but it's appealing to have the one handed reholster capability. The clip of the Public Secret seems to be the same as Mr. Softy.

I'm not a flat stomach guy, but I can get away with Appendix Carry.

Maybe Alex can chime in about Mr. Softy vs. Public Secret? Does the sweat shield interfere with your ability to get a good grip when drawing, Sixto?
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

VIP Member
    Excellent Sixto, look forward to the next report.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HandgunWorld View Post
    Does the sweat shield interfere with your ability to get a good grip when drawing, Sixto?
    No, not at all. It is cut just right.

I did a lot of drawing today with it. The new belt got here, so I had a good solid platform to work with. Where this holster really excels for me is in a seated position. In the car, it worked awesome, way better than the CompTacs I've been using for a few years. Sitting on a kitchen chair was easy, even in the 4 oclock position. Anybody who has been carrying for a length of time knows that can be tough with the wrong holster/belt combo.
    I also have a deep leather recliner (that's where I'm at now) and it is OK there... being honest I have to say the MTAC and Crossbreed works better slouched in the lazy boy. I'm not sure why that is, but it is what it is. But normal car seats, office and kitchen or restaurant style chairs the High Noon has it all over them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The High Noon Public Secret is a fine holster. I found a NIB model for my G19 and a mag pouch on E Bay for $44 shipped for both. Yeah I was and still am happy about that.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    The High Noon Public Secret is a fine holster. I found a NIB model for my G19 and a mag pouch on E Bay for $44 shipped for both. Yeah I was and still am happy about that.

Don't you feel even a little guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by HandgunWorld View Post
    Glad to hear about the good review. I'm thinking of getting a Public Secret for my G26, mainly to ride in appendix carry position. I have a Hidden Ally, but it rides too low. Considering the Mr. Softy too, but it's appealing to have the one handed reholster capability. The clip of the Public Secret seems to be the same as Mr. Softy.

I'm not a flat stomach guy, but I can get away with Appendix Carry.

Maybe Alex can chime in about Mr. Softy vs. Public Secret? Does the sweat shield interfere with your ability to get a good grip when drawing, Sixto?
    If the Hidden Ally rides to low the Mr Softy will not help you either. They are both low ride deep concealment holsters.

We use the same clip on all of our inside the pants holsters thru out the line.
    The sweat shield is designed not to get in the way but still cover your slide

Mr. Softy vs. Public Secret

They were built with two different design intentions and with two very different jobs to do. Its apples to oranges in a comparison.

Mr Softy
    Design Intention: To be as thin and comfortable as possible like wearing no holster at all. Remember when you go that thin with the leather, the bells and whistles over power it. (Stitched in site track, Reinforcement, sweat shield)
    Appendix carry CP 10,11,12,1,2,3,4
    Low ride for deep concealment.
    No combat grip on the draw.
    No sweat shield.
    No one handed reholstering or reinforcement for it.
    No fun to practice with.
    Tension screw designed in for adjustment of the draw.
    Lite weight.
    Clip--- Heavy duty extreme use.
    Comfortable beyond belief. You do not know its there for experienced IWB people.

Everyone needs something like this in there holster wardrobe. Depending on weather, cloths and circumstance this holster will work hard for the investment of $26.95. Some days the pants are just cut a bit too tight, the weather is to hot or you are just running out for milk and need to keep it simple and lite weight. There are other cousins like the Mr Softy in our line depending on need.

Bare Asset
    Split Decision
    Hidden Ally

Public Secret w/clip
    Design Intention: All out Extreme duty use. All bells and whistles we could think of.
    Appendix carry CP 10,11,12,1,2,3,4
    Leather is much thicker
    Combat grip accessibility
    Sweat shield Rear Public Secret
    Reinforcement throughout for one handed reholstering
    Tension screw designed in for adjustment of the draw.
    Clip--- Heavy duty extreme use.
    Stitched in site track Sight Track
    Ruff side out design, smooth side of leather in which produces a leather lined product. Draw is slick.
    Take it to the next shooting class.
    Fun to practice in front of the mirror.

There are other cousins like the Public Secret in our line depending on need.

Down Under Clip
    Tail Gunner W/Clip
    Closing Argument
    Alter Ego
    Tail Gate

I hope this helps
    Take care
    Alex
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Administrator
    Wow Alex, that helps me a lot too. That explains a whole lot about the line up.

I really like the fact that High Noon takes the time day in and out to explain the correct intended purpose for each of their holsters, making no bones about X holster won't work for this purpose, but Y will. To many holster makers want to just sell a holster. Like I've said previously in a PM about holsters, High Noon seems to be big enough to take care of the customer, yet small enough to still care about the individual end user.

Anybody who has read many of my rants and raves here know I'm hard to favorably impress, but High Noon and staff has done it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

89$ did seem like alot of money for such a holster ( to a newbie like me ) but sixto's review seems to justify it's worth...looks like this and mrsofty/ or the bare asset will be something i'll purchase in the future..mr softy first though LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    89$ did seem like alot of money for such a holster ( to a newbie like me ) but sixto's review seems to justify it's worth...looks like this and mrsofty/ or the bare asset will be something i'll purchase in the future..mr softy first though LOL
    Actually, for the quality of materials, attention to detail, and time to construct that is a pretty fair price. You could pay less but you're likely to get less. Just my not so humble opinion.

Alex, will the Public Secret ride a little higher than the Mr. Softy?
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Yes it will, you will be able to get your whole hand on the grip of the gun.

Alex
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Ok, this may be an extra dumb question, but I have been looking at this holster as well and pondering it over in comparison to some other similar models with straps vs. clips. When wearing IWB with a clib does the clip go behind your belt and your belt secures over it for extra retention of the holster? Or does the clip go over the belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    Ok, this may be an extra dumb question, but I have been looking at this holster as well and pondering it over in comparison to some other similar models with straps vs. clips. When wearing IWB with a clib does the clip go behind your belt and your belt secures over it for extra retention of the holster? Or does the clip go over the belt?
    I have the "Down Under" and the clip goes over the belt. It keeps it nice and secure, there is no chance that holster is coming out when you draw the gun.

thanks gimpee!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links