Mika glock 26

This is a discussion on Mika glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Howdy all. I went to the Post Office today and received a nice surprise, as on either Friday or Saturday the Postal Carrier left a ...

Thread: Mika glock 26

Mika glock 26

Howdy all.

I went to the Post Office today and received a nice surprise, as on either Friday or Saturday the Postal Carrier left a package from Mr. Mika in my P.O. Box.

It was the awaited "round bottom" Pocket Holster for my Glock 26. Being that I have managed to acquire a Mika Pocket Holster for a J-Frame, I am familiar with his work. Looking the holster over I find no reason to think his standard of quality has diminished, and while not "pretty" the holster is very functional.

Granted, the Glock 26 is a HUGE gun for the front pocket, and I realize this. I much prefer a J-Frame for that location, but the situation being what it is, I thought it prudent to put a Glock 26 in place of the J-Frame. Since I wear Cargo Pant, that have very large pockets, it's not a problem. I have found, through no fault of the holster, that a revolver is easier to draw from a front pocket, but I knew this going in to it.

The Mika does a great job of breaking up the outline of the Glock Sub-Compact. It really look like I have a voluminous wallet in my pocket and does it's intended job very well. I emptied the chamber and practiced drawing with a weighted gun, and never once did the holster come out of the pocket with the gun. I already knew it wouldn't, but I wanted to share that with other readers who may not be aware of Mr. Mika and his holsters. In moving around the house and yard today, unloading fertilizer, doing laundry and watching TV, the holster always maintained the gun in a proper position in the pocket.

I'm happy with Mr. Mika's pocket holster and his pocket holster will continue to be the one I recommend to people. The "Baby Glock" is not a gun that I would consider a pocket gun, but Mr. Mika and his holster make it doable.

I just thought I'd share these observations of mine. Take care and stay safe.

Biker

2. Remove Ads

I've considered the sub-Glocks for cargo pocket carry. Got any pics?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Biker,

Do you carry that in a cargo pocket? Unless I am wearing pants a couple of sizes too big, I don't see me putting a G26 in a front pocket. Pictures of the holster and carry technique would be great.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Biker... I pocket carry my XD9sc frequently in Walmart cotton twill shorts, chino's or cargo shorts. Not in the cargo pocket, but in the top pocket.

Don't try it wearing denim jeans. It'll fit inside ok, but a draw is damn near impossible.

I have never gotten a second look from anyone, LEO's included. Oh, there's an obvious bulge, but not a firearm print. Looks like a wallet carried in your front pocket.

I think you'll be very happy with your new Mika pocket garage.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Bark'n,

Oh, there's an obvious bulge, but not a firearm print. Looks like a wallet carried in your front pocket.
    Exactly!

That has been my expirience as well. When I went to the Glock 26 over the J-Frame I had already determined how I would carry it, as I've carried a gun in my support side pocket for years.

As you stated, it goes in the Front Pocket, not the Cargo Pocket. The J-Frame makes less of a bulge, but it still makes a bulge. Like you said, it appears like a wallet carried in the front pocket. I'm OK with that.

Take care and stay safe.

Biker

Is the Mika and thinner than the Uncle Mikes or similar synthetic pocket holsters? It doesnt look like it on their site but if it is, I would be interested.

Has anyone tried a Kydex (like a FIST) for pocket carry for the baby G's?
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

My full review and PICS are located here:

Tactical Texan

Biker

Links