Anything similar to a Bianchi Carry Lock?

This is a discussion on Anything similar to a Bianchi Carry Lock? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Springfield XD subcompact 9mm. I'm looking for a good OWB ccw holster. My brother has a bianchi carry lock. I really like ...

Thread: Anything similar to a Bianchi Carry Lock?

Anything similar to a Bianchi Carry Lock?

I have a Springfield XD subcompact 9mm. I'm looking for a good OWB ccw holster. My brother has a bianchi carry lock. I really like this holster but they do not make it for the subcompact xd's....

2. Remove Ads

I have looked at this holster a lot in the past 6mos. The CarryLok is a Model 82 - Size 14B:

RH Tan = 23236
    LH Tan = 23237

RH Black = 23238
    LH Black = 23239

82 *CarryLok™

They are designed for the 4" XD but a 3" will fit perfectly with just a little leather below the muzzle which shouldn't matter too much. You could have it modified at a leather shop (cut shorter, re-sewn and burnished for about $20).

If I can remember correctly, they run about $65-$69 and the quality is o.k. ... for a holster made in Mexico...

I think that they would be acceptable in the $30 range for the quality I have seen but if you need retention in a pancake, they are good.

...IMHO...

BTW, Aker also makes a similar holster:

Aker XR-2 Natural, Model #186 in either Tan or Black for about $73.

I was at CopsWest this last year and talked to Mr. Aker himself. I asked about this holster for the XD9sc and at that time, he didn't have one made but he said he would have one soon. It would most likely be for the standard 4".

http://www.akerleather.com/

I tried one for a Glock and it was somewhat nicer than the Bianchi. The difference was that the retention device released differently (opposite direction/push) from the Bianchi.

Quote Originally Posted by quikduk View Post
    I have looked at this holster a lot in the past 6mos. The CarryLok is a Model 82 - Size 14B:

RH Tan = 23236
    LH Tan = 23237

RH Black = 23238
    LH Black = 23239

82 *CarryLok™

They are designed for the 4" XD but a 3" will fit perfectly with just a little leather below the muzzle which shouldn't matter too much. You could have it modified at a leather shop (cut shorter, re-sewn and burnished for about $20).

If I can remember correctly, they run about $65-$69 and the quality is o.k. ... for a holster made in Mexico...

I think that they would be acceptable in the $30 range for the quality I have seen but if you need retention in a pancake, they are good.

...IMHO...

BTW, Aker also makes a similar holster:

Aker XR-2 Natural, Model #186 in either Tan or Black for about $73.

I was at CopsWest this last year and talked to Mr. Aker himself. I asked about this holster for the XD9sc and at that time, he didn't have one made but he said he would have one soon. It would most likely be for the standard 4".

*********** Aker

I tried one for a Glock and it was somewhat nicer than the Bianchi. The difference was that the retention device released differently (opposite direction/push) from the Bianchi.
    So you think the 4" holster will work the 3" even before having a leather shop tweak it? I REALLY like this holster like I said my brother has it with a g 19 and it was super comfortable to wear.

I tried my XD9sc personally in this Bianchi model at Greenwood's and it fit fine. The XD9sc and XD9 are physically the same with the exception of the shorter barrel/slide. The retention device works on the trigger guard which is identical in shape/size/position.

Greenwood's Uniforms
    115 S E St
    San Bernardino, CA 92401
    (909) 885-0755

I presently use a FrontLine IWB designed for a 4" XD with my sc and it too works perfectly. There is just about 1" of leather holster below the muzzle. Concealment is fine with either.

http://762precision.wordpress.com/pr...om-front-line/

Here is a link I just found on GT re: the CarryLok:

Glock 23 w/ Bianchi Carrylok - Glock Talk

Quote Originally Posted by quikduk View Post
    I tried my XD9sc personally in this Bianchi model at Greenwood's and it fit fine. The XD9sc and XD9 are physically the same with the exception of the shorter barrel/slide. The retention device works on the trigger guard which is identical in shape/size/position.

Greenwood's Uniforms
    115 S E St
    San Bernardino, CA 92401
    (909) 885-0755

I presently use a FrontLine IWB designed for a 4" XD with my sc and it too works perfectly. There is just about 1" of leather holster below the muzzle. Concealment is fine with either.

Deep Concealment IWB holster from Front-Line 7.62 Precision Custom Firearm Finishes
    Excellent thank you very much! I wanted to verify all this before I bought one...out the door I go now to purchase.

Links