SuperTuck

This is a discussion on SuperTuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by C Bennett they are pretty decent holsters I am gonna use mine for cooler weather carry and switch to a Kydex for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SuperTuck

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    they are pretty decent holsters I am gonna use mine for cooler weather carry and switch to a Kydex for summer carry.
    I use mine for summer carry. It's very comfortable in a loose shirt (I wear a lot of camp style shirts in the summer) and shorts. Hides very well.
    Knowing is half the battle.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by aedinius View Post
    I use mine for summer carry. It's very comfortable in a loose shirt (I wear a lot of camp style shirts in the summer) and shorts. Hides very well.
    its added bulk on me in a lot of my shirts shows the bulk of the holster through the shirt...not a "gun" shape but it looks pretty obvious that something is under the shirt at that spot(and the SR9c isnt a big gun and has a grip almost the size of a Glock 26's) plus unfortunately about 1/2 my shorts are way too tight with that holster because its kinda big it just takes up more room in the waitsband than my smaller size Kydex and Leather holsters...and I really didnt want to go but 4 new pairs of shorts :) .

I just ordered one also. I told the wife it is the people on this site that made me do it. YUK Yuk.
    Actually I very thankful for the help.

Ok question for yall...

Combat cut or no? I know what it is and what it does, and FWIW none of my current holsters that I use have material near the grip area, so I can get a full grip during the draw.

So should I get the option?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Combat cut> Hellz Yeah!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Combat cut, I cut my regular one to be combat cut because I couldn't get a very good grip on it.

Cutting mine as well. +1 on the Combat Cut

Have any of you die hard Crossbrered fans actually tried a M-TAC?!

I used to have a Crossbreed for my commander 1911, and thought it was great, although I decided to quite carrying that particular gun. Since then, my cousin picked up a M-TAC for his p239, and I am absolutely a convert!!! I think the Minotaur has the edge in comfort, is far superior in quality, and has a very nice cut from the factory. Its not a big floppy patch of leather, rather its doubled up, with the smoooth side in. And... you can't beat the interchangeable insert factor!

I'm sold!!
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    Have any of you die hard Crossbrered fans actually tried a M-TAC?!

I used to have a Crossbreed for my commander 1911, and thought it was great, although I decided to quite carrying that particular gun. Since then, my cousin picked up a M-TAC for his p239, and I am absolutely a convert!!! I think the Minotaur has the edge in comfort, is far superior in quality, and has a very nice cut from the factory. Its not a big floppy patch of leather, rather its doubled up, with the smoooth side in. And... you can't beat the interchangeable insert factor!

I'm sold!!
    Yes, I carried a XD45C in a MTAC for 2 years and had several thousand presentations from the holster. I went over to the ST after switching to the MP platform for the following reasons:

1- Kept breaking clips on the MTAC
    2- Horsehide on the ST
    3 - ST is slightly thinner (not by much)
    4 - way too much materiel in the MTAC and it always bothered me when I sat down
    5 - ST warranty wins hands down. Comp-Tac requires you to send it back to the dealer you bought it from (if you didn't buy from them) and is only 1 year (I think)
    6 - ST made in a small shop, in the USA

I'd prefer if the ST clips were availible w/o the Cross but it's a minor thing.

As far as comfort they are about the same. The one thing I miss from my MTAC is after several rapid fire strings the barrel gets hot. When you holster up you can feel the heat of the barrel on your leg in the ST. I know this contradicts with point 4 in my above reason list.

I will say that I did get the combat cut and I still ended up cutting down the holster to allow a full firing grip before drawing. If I had to do it again I would skip the combat cut and just trace the outline of the gun with a marker and cut it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Combat cut> Hellz Yeah!
    YES, get the combat cut...I didnt but had to end up doing my own to get a better grip on the gun out of the holster.

I have the combat grip. Supposedly it's not as comfortable, but I'll trade having the grip touch my side if I can get a better grip.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    YES, get the combat cut...I didnt but had to end up doing my own to get a better grip on the gun out of the holster.
    I ordered mine regular and thought I could cut it myself if I needed to. If I got it with combat cut, there's no putting the material back. Hopefully I will know soon which fits me best - I placed an order two weeks ago for one for my Glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Savior Sound View Post
    I ordered mine regular and thought I could cut it myself if I needed to. If I got it with combat cut, there's no putting the material back. Hopefully I will know soon which fits me best - I placed an order two weeks ago for one for my Glock 19.
    I ordered my ST 23 days ago. Didn't order the combat cut, since I have no hands on experience with this holster and figured it could always be done later. Waiting patiently

My Glock 19C loves its Supertuck
    Kimber Custom TLE II, GLOCK 30SF, GLOCK 19C, Walther PK380
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro (Greyhound) Holster
    Mega Arms Billet AR-15's
    NRA Member

I like my CBST...

That its very nice on my hip...

But i also found another holster maker that is very good to...

There holster will be next purches when i get my .45acp..http://adamsholsters.com/photo_gallery/photos.html

Hope this helps...
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links