is there anyplace you DON'T carry?

This is a discussion on is there anyplace you DON'T carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Aside from the obvious, I carry anytime and anywhere it is legal to do so. My family lives in Illinois, so no carry there. I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is there anyplace you DON'T carry?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Aside from the obvious, I carry anytime and anywhere it is legal to do so. My family lives in Illinois, so no carry there. I do not like the feel of not carrying there, it is amazing how much you miss it.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by spar10 View Post
    the thread about carrying at the gym has inspired this question. i can't understand why anyone would want to carry at a gym while working out but it has me thinking...

excluding all of those obvious places we're not allowed to carry - where don't you or won't you carry?
    gym, swimming,at the beach, stuff like that

Church & Federal Buildings

Quote Originally Posted by phair12 View Post
    if the sheepdog is willing to toss the gun to get likkered up he aint no sheep dog.
    +1...
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see.
    -Ronald Reagan-

To the OP...do we forget the massacre at a gym in the Pittsburgh PA area about a year ago? I am, by law, an LEO, and qualify under LEOSA, so pretty much everywhere. If I am at a private gathering only consuming one beer with dinner or a glass of wine, I will carry. If I am going out with the intention of drinking, the gun stays away from me for the duration of any drinking. I pocket carried for my friends wedding, as a part of the wedding party. I wentr to the reception and left it locked in the trunk. Other wise shower, (laying on toilet), and bed, (laying on night stand).
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Now that I have a revolver I can pocket carry, the only place I dont are schools and government buildings.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    If there's a legal reason not to carry, then I don't carry. If there's no legal reason not to, then I am armed.

I suppose that's not 100% true, as I don't normally carry on my midweek runs because I don't carry my hydration pack. I also disarm at my martial arts studio.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Carry4MyFam View Post
    The shower.....
    Beat me to it. I have had a crazy thought involving a cheap gun (like a used Sigma), a powerful magnet, a ziplock bag and tile adhesive.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Can't carry at school or on the property, my Glock can't even go along for the ride.

I carry every place else...around the house, it's either on my person or within reach...in the shower (Glocks shoot underwater), it's within reach...in the hottub, it's within reach...in bed...it's closer than the wife (king bed).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Seems to me that if I guy says he's going out for some drinks, and responsibly leaves the weapon at home, and admits it on this forum knowing that he'll probably get flamed, we should give him congrats for not mixing the two and not pass moral judgement on him. Some guys like their drinks. Matter of fact, I know that there's plenty of beer guys on DC and I'm one of them. (I'm distracting the Thread I know). But I can't see a reason to poke him in the eye for behaving responsibly in light of not carrying. Personal decision. I think this is still America. Better for all of us if he knocks back 8 beers and CC's?
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    shower....but its close by
    in bed for other than short nap....but its close by
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Seems to me that if I guy says he's going out for some drinks, and responsibly leaves the weapon at home, and admits it on this forum knowing that he'll probably get flamed, we should give him congrats for not mixing the two and not pass moral judgement on him. Some guys like their drinks. Matter of fact, I know that there's plenty of beer guys on DC and I'm one of them. (I'm distracting the Thread I know). But I can't see a reason to poke him in the eye for behaving responsibly in light of not carrying. Personal decision. I think this is still America. Better for all of us if he knocks back 8 beers and CC's?
    +1 Good on him for disarming when there will be drinking involved. Guns and alcohol (more than 1 beer for myself) DO NOT MIX.
    What the **** - How did I end up on this soapbox again?!?!?

the only place where i am allowed to is the gym. and thats only b/c i have 2 full sized pistols and i have no practical way to carry there.

For the first month or so I had my CCP, i didnt carry at my moms house. My thinking was "if anyone will be able to tell theres something different, mom will". I've since gotten over it and carry there.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by reyno2ac View Post
    The only place I don't currently carry is my parents house. I'm only 23, just a few days ago, and they don't know I carry. So, when I make a weekend visit home from school I simply dis-arm and lock the firearm in my bedroom. I do however, re-arm myself whenever I leave the house.
    How would you feel if events placed your parents in harms way, and your weapon was not with you? I've carried weapons for over 40+ years, my parents are used to it. I feel about my Mom (My Dad passed away a couple years ago) as I do the rest of my family. If I can protect her, I will do it.

I don't carry at all if I plan to be drinking at all. I also don't carry at work because the boss is a bit...i don't know the right word. Scared maybe of guns. Her ex-husband had guns and was a drinker...I heard stories about holes in the walls at their home. Probably why. I don't ask or push the issue. I keep it in the car.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links