is there anyplace you DON'T carry?

This is a discussion on is there anyplace you DON'T carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; the thread about carrying at the gym has inspired this question. i can't understand why anyone would want to carry at a gym while working ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is there anyplace you DON'T carry?

the thread about carrying at the gym has inspired this question. i can't understand why anyone would want to carry at a gym while working out but it has me thinking...

excluding all of those obvious places we're not allowed to carry - where don't you or won't you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by spar10 View Post
    the thread about carrying at the gym has inspired this question. i can't understand why anyone would want to carry at a gym while working out but it has me thinking...

excluding all of those obvious places we're not allowed to carry - where don't you or won't you carry?
    How does the sheepdog do it's job, if it's fangs have been taken away? Just a thought..............

How would the sheepdog live with itself if something happened while it left it's fangs at home, or in the truck, or in the car? Just another thought.................
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

The only place I don't currently carry is my parents house. I'm only 23, just a few days ago, and they don't know I carry. So, when I make a weekend visit home from school I simply dis-arm and lock the firearm in my bedroom. I do however, re-arm myself whenever I leave the house.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

I will generally leave my pistol in the car if I am going to the bar for more than a drink or two. Packin' while intoxicated is .04 BAC in MN and it will cost you a night in jail and your permit for 180 days. Booze and guns dont mix anyway.

If the sheepdog wants to get likkered up, the teeth get put away for the evening.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

I sometimes don't carry when I go directly from my house to the Post Office then to the gym which is right next door. I do feel naked...
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

The shower.....
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
    I will generally leave my pistol in the car if I am going to the bar for more than a drink or two. Packin' while intoxicated is .04 BAC in MN and it will cost you a night in jail and your permit for 180 days. Booze and guns dont mix anyway.

If the sheepdog wants to get likkered up, the teeth get put away for the evening.
    if the sheepdog is willing to toss the gun to get likkered up he aint no sheep dog.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I don't carry where by law it is illegal to carry...don't want to risk loosing my permit.
    Proud NRA member

The only times that I don't have a gun on my person is when in the shower or in the bed. However my pants are on the floor with my CCW piece on the belt next to the bed or the tub.

So really the only times I'm completely disarmed is when I have to do business in no-carry zones (which there aren't many here in Colorado ... for me its just the DMV and when I got called for jury duty).

all the time, except in the office, or during the daylight near home.

the last one is a wife thing.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

The shower and the sack.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

re

^^^^^ +1 - even in the sack its real close
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Schools and post offices (or any place that is owned by the feds).
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Any place not allowed....mostly if I am on the Harley and we stop at a bar, I put it away........but generally anywhere else that I can.....and nope, not the gym, havent figured that out yet...I get really sweatty and althgouh I have tried to find the right carry mode, I have not yet, instead I have scoped out the exits really closely.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Anywhere it's prohibited. ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links