ANKLE Holster with XD9/40SC??? J-Frames?

This is a discussion on ANKLE Holster with XD9/40SC??? J-Frames? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am just curious how many people may ANKLE carry an XD9/40SC, and if so, which one are you using. I've looked around and have ...

I am just curious how many people may ANKLE carry an XD9/40SC, and if so, which one are you using. I've looked around and have not found much of a selection. I know it is a rather bulky pistol for ankle carry, however it may would work in some scenarios for me.

Let me explain further.

My primary carry is the Ruger LCP in my front pocket, which I absolutely love. However, when the pocket is not possible, I am looking for a holster that will fit my XD40SC, as well as a j-Frame revolver, and my newly acquired Bond Arms Derringer (Snake Slayer 4). Now, my hope is to find an ANKLE rig that would work for all three.

Let me know what you are using, but I am looking to get something that will accommodate the XD9/40SC frame. If it fits the XD40SC, then it will fit the Derringer too.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your time.

Well...I tried a Fobus for my 642...too darned hard to get it out of the holster....so I tried a Galco witht he optional calf strap....much better....BUT that mode of carry stinks for right handed people (left inside leg) when getting inside and out of vehicle.....or for any person having it rub against the other lef just isnt any fun......
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Not trying to derail the thread, but why are you so set on AC? I can't imagine strapping an XD to my lower leg.

Quote Originally Posted by secondhandlo View Post
    Not trying to derail the thread, but why are you so set on AC? I can't imagine strapping an XD to my lower leg.
    No derailing perceived, however I think you may have overlooked the following sentences:

"I know it is a rather bulky pistol for ankle carry, however it may would work in some scenarios for me."

AND

"My primary carry is the Ruger LCP in my front pocket, which I absolutely love. However, when the pocket is not possible, I am looking for a holster that will fit...(various firearms)."

The key here is, another option, not my primary carry option or preference. If one really knows how to AC, then it is really not a bad option at all.

Hope this helps~

i ankle carry a glock 27, s&w model 60, and a kel tec p3at. one thing you need to know is you need a good ankle holster. cheap ones don't hold up and don't wear good. i used the galco ankle glove.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    i ankle carry a glock 27, s&w model 60, and a kel tec p3at. one thing you need to know is you need a good ankle holster. cheap ones don't hold up and don't wear good. i used the galco ankle glove.
    Thanks for your reply.

Just curious, do you still AC at all?

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I've had a couple Renegade "Cozy Partner" ankle holsters & loved them. I initially used one for my S&W 442 as my BUG. I later used a Glock 26 for my BUG & tried a different ankle holster (A Desantis, I believe), but ended up getting another Renegade as it just didn't compare, IMHO.

I recently looked them up & noticed they've gone up a bit (About 50% more than I recall they were), but everything's gone up, so I guess that isn't really an issue.

The big thing for me is comfort & other ankle holsters just weren't.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    cheap ones don't hold up and don't wear good. i used the galco ankle glove.
    2nd that. I carry my XD .40 sc on my ankle every now and then when the situation (and/or) clothing just doesn't set up right for IWB with the crossbreed. For example, the pair of khaki pants and polo shirt tucked in I will be wearing today doesn't hide this gun very well IWB, even with the Crossbreed. So, I will be putting it on the ankle.....

And I use a Galco Ankle Glove myself......w/o the upper calf strap. I don't have any problems with it. It can get a touch hot in the summer if you have it on with pants, and it can dig into your ankle if you don't have it set up right, but you will get that figured out. I don't mind wearing mine all day on my ankle......

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    I wouldn't have an ankle holster that is a universal fit to all the guns you mentioned. You want quality on an ankle rig, not something cheap.

If you can try to get a Alessi or 5 shot ankle leather holsters. I have ever used an ankle holster for a j-frame. I had a Galco and wasn't happy with it, I borrowed a 5 shot leather for 2 weeks and was impressed. i will have one of those when I can afford it.

I have carried my XD service and sub compact in a smart carry holster, not sure if you looked into that idea or not. I like the smart carry holster better than ankle carry.

Safariland used to make a neopreme ankle rig.

I carried a M36 Smith in it for years. I could run in it, you name it. Comfortable, secure and fast. I've looked for another one on the web and can't find it.

I loved ankle carry when seated in a car. Very easy to draw.
    Hooah! It's an Army thing!

topsblades@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    I wouldn't have an ankle holster that is a universal fit to all the guns you mentioned.
    I know it sounds a little strange to want something that broad, however, the DeSantis Apache Ankle Rig is very nice and there is nothing cheap, flimsy, and low quality to it. It fits the bill for what I am needing, so I am very thrilled. None of them fit loosely at all and the adjustable velcro thumb snap is versatile as well. LOVING IT!!!

Links