High Noon Hidden Alley or Alter Ego

This is a discussion on High Noon Hidden Alley or Alter Ego within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; comments/experience with these? The Hidden Ally(tuckable Mr. Softy) is only $37 and very thin for summer carry-hot humid Texas summers. The Alter Ego is $100, ...

Thread: High Noon Hidden Alley or Alter Ego

comments/experience with these? The Hidden Ally(tuckable Mr. Softy) is only $37 and very thin for summer carry-hot humid Texas summers. The Alter Ego is $100, thicker, but does not collapse with gun removed and has sweat shield. I know the answer is "get both", but I will initially only purchase one.

I have the Hidden Ally and used it for daily carry for about two years.
    When I switched holsters, I realized that I really appreciated the ability to reholster one-handed. I think if you're only going to buy once, spend a little more and get the better one. Otherwise, you most likely WILL end up buying both...
    My two cents.

How often do you draw and re-holster while carrying? See where I'm going with this?
    I have one of the High Noon Holsters' Hidden Ally for my G27. Soft? Yes. Concealable? Yes. Comfortable? Yes. Collapses without pistol? Yes. So...how important is it that one can re-holster single handed into the chosen holster after saving one's life? When and if the time comes, it's going to be a single showing with no encores nor applause from the audience. Just think about it. If you want a holster for carry and a holster to practice with and re-holster at home, then think about two holsters IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    How often do you draw and re-holster while carrying? See where I'm going with this?

So...how important is it that one can re-holster single handed into the chosen holster after saving one's life?
    It doesn't have to come down to only "after saving one's life".
    It's a matter of convenience within daily carry. It's just nice to be able to not futz around with holstering up in the morning or after a change of clothes, and yes - practicing.
    All of these things factor into individual choice of holsters.
    YMMV

Administrator
    For what gun? If its a light weight pistol, the Hidden Ally is a fine inexpensive choice.
    For a larger, heavier gun, I'd opt for one one their better holsters.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    For what gun? If its a light weight pistol, the Hidden Ally is a fine inexpensive choice.
    For a larger, heavier gun, I'd opt for one one their better holsters.
    Taurus 709

Administrator
    Well then the 709 is very comparable in size/weight to my PM9. I'd buy the hidden ally or bare asset with confidence. I really like mine, I've been using it for a few years now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have a Hidden Ally for my G26. I find that it rides too low to get a good combat grip when drawing, anyone else experience that?
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

It was designed to be a low ride deep concealment holster, so you lose the combat grip on the draw.

Comparsion here may help out.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-secret-2.html

Alex

I've carried the Bersa UC 45 in one for a year and a half and it works, has held up much better than the pistol I carried in it. Always feels safe and secure even if I am running (not that that happens very often though). Not so much as a loose stitch. Great products from High Noon.

Correction...My Holster is the tuckable IWB Split Decision with the cant. Great holster nonetheless.
    Last edited by l1a1; May 3rd, 2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Sited the wrong holster...My Bad.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I used to agree with you, until I had to use it for work (Plain-clothes), but admittedly, I needed to be able to re-holster.

However, I quit using collapsible holsters altogether because I like to train with the holster I'm carrying. It just became a big PITA, but also, over time, I think the more solidly built holster is going to work out better in the long-run.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Links