Ordered a Simply Rugged Sourdough- Special Offer!!!

This is a discussion on Ordered a Simply Rugged Sourdough- Special Offer!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello All, I started a thread a week or so ago looking for a OWB holster for my S&W 66-2 2 1/2" revolver. I went ...

Thread: Ordered a Simply Rugged Sourdough- Special Offer!!!

Hello All,

I started a thread a week or so ago looking for a OWB holster for my S&W 66-2 2 1/2" revolver. I went back and forth between a few holster makers and settled on the Simply Rugged Pancake based primarily on a recent review with pictures here. I was really torn between a High Noon and the Sourdough but as Alex at High Noon told me, they didn't specifically have a lot of options for my revolver (I am definately going to get one of their holsters for my PPS soon here) so I went with the SR.

Now to my point......right now they are giving away the IWB straps for free. This wasnt the case a week ago or so, but when I went to the site this morning I saw that they are running a special. They are normally $15. So for $70, incl shipping, you get a OWB, IWB and Cross Draw custom holster. From what I have read, they make a nice product and you really cannot beat the price for those carry options.

I will post a review once I get it but wanted to let everyone know about the special. There are not a ton of revolver specific options out there as semi's are obviously the majority of the market.

Now the waiting begins............
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

You will love that holster. I carried a SP101 in one all deer season and I actually forgot that I had it on at times.

yes I am pretty pumped about it. If it does for me, everything it can do, it is really a stellar deal all things considered.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

harley post pics when you get it, I am thinking of a new holster for my mod 66-1 2-1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    harley post pics when you get it, I am thinking of a new holster for my mod 66-1 2-1/2"
    Will definately do. There is another review here for the guy who has the Dan Wesson. It looks big (holster) but the gun is big so really , it is hard to tell how it would be for a K Frame.

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    Will definately do. There is another review here for the guy who has the Dan Wesson. It looks big (holster) but the gun is big so really , it is hard to tell how it would be for a K Frame.
    Did you ever get the T-Grip for yours or did you go another route?

Did you ever get the T-Grip for yours or did you go another route?
    Funny you bring that up...I was just looking today again for either a Tyler or new grips...cannot decide. I never quite found what I wanted (rather since I couldnt try them in my hand was reluctant to order grips) so I waited until I got the right holster....so I started looking again....part of me wants to be nostalgic and go with the T, and I sort of like the small factory grips.....but part of me, after seeing awesome pictures of other guns with Badger, or Ahrends...makes me want new grips....cannot decide!

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    Funny you bring that up...I was just looking today again for either a Tyler or new grips...cannot decide. I never quite found what I wanted (rather since I couldnt try them in my hand was reluctant to order grips) so I waited until I got the right holster....so I started looking again....part of me wants to be nostalgic and go with the T, and I sort of like the small factory grips.....but part of me, after seeing awesome pictures of other guns with Badger, or Ahrends...makes me want new grips....cannot decide!
    I'm sort of in the same boat, I have some pachmyr grips on it now, but just aquired some wood factory stock panels for it, and may get a t-grip to go with it, it'll then match my model 60 which has the factory grip panels and a t-grip.

I'm sort of in the same boat, I have some pachmyr grips on it now, but just aquired some wood factory stock panels for it, and may get a t-grip to go with it, it'll then match my model 60 which has the factory grip panels and a t-grip.
    If Badgers or Aherns were $30 - 40, I would have them.......so maybe Ihave answered my own question.......I love the looks, but for $70-90.....the T Grip does fundamentally the same thing....and it has some cool factor itself!

Sponsored Links