MTAC for XD45c and PPS or Crossbreed Minituck for PPS?

This is a discussion on MTAC for XD45c and PPS or Crossbreed Minituck for PPS? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, Looking into IWB holster options for two guns, XD45C and PPS 9MM. Not sure if I should go with the Mtac for the XD ...

Thread: MTAC for XD45c and PPS or Crossbreed Minituck for PPS?

MTAC for XD45c and PPS or Crossbreed Minituck for PPS?

Hi,

Looking into IWB holster options for two guns, XD45C and PPS 9MM. Not sure if I should go with the Mtac for the XD and just buy the body for the PPS. Or I can buy the smaller less obstructive (less leather to stick in my pants for such a small gun) Mini Tuck for the PPS. This option will cost about $40 more though. I prefer the quality and standard combat cut of the MTAC. Although the mini tuck comes standard with a combat cut also.
    Opinions? Thanks

PS. I'm also looking at the Tucker STX silent thunder OWB for either a 2.5" 6 shot S&W K-frame or 7 shot L-frame. I think IWB is out of the question for such a thick gun. Any opinions on this one? Not many options out there.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

2. Remove Ads

mtac all the way - construction and versatility are top notch. comfortable and adjustable. it's a fantastic holster.

I wouldn't buy the extra shell for the PPS. Get a whole new holster. If you carry the XD, the larger handgun will form into the leather. When you put the shell for the PPS on, you will have some retention issues.

But the MTAC is a great IWB holster. I just think that the ability to use the other shells isn't really a good idea if you want solid retention.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I just got my PPS MiniTuck yesterday in the mail. I quickly threw my PPS (40S&W) in it....perfect "click" in and out.....well made holster, very well made. I was wearing shorts, no belt, but I clipped it in (didnt adjust the clips for my comfort or anything, just messing around) and rebuttoned my shorts...they were not loose or anything before and I was shocked that they still buttoned...the holster, under first impression, really does not take that much space like I thought it might. I was pleasantly surprised, too early to tell, but yes, felt fine......also, this is my first IWB holster so I am going to be pretty picky.

I know, you would like pictures and I will get them up this weekend sometime but I am on my way out and cannot get to them before this weekend.

Good luck in choosing!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    I just got my PPS MiniTuck yesterday in the mail. I quickly threw my PPS (40S&W) in it....perfect "click" in and out.....well made holster, very well made. I was wearing shorts, no belt, but I clipped it in (didnt adjust the clips for my comfort or anything, just messing around) and rebuttoned my shorts...they were not loose or anything before and I was shocked that they still buttoned...the holster, under first impression, really does not take that much space like I thought it might. I was pleasantly surprised, too early to tell, but yes, felt fine......also, this is my first IWB holster so I am going to be pretty picky.

I know, you would like pictures and I will get them up this weekend sometime but I am on my way out and cannot get to them before this weekend.

Good luck in choosing!
    Thanks Harley, I saw you review. I think this is exactly what I want for the PPS and I will stick with the MTAC for the XD. Thanks everyone for your replies.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

No problem and I will follow up the review as I can but so far, really like it.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

try Photo Gallery

I do like my CBST a lot....

XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

Links