Does this holster exist?

Does this holster exist?

This is a discussion on Does this holster exist? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I carry (meaning, when I am out of Maryland ) I am generally carrying IWB, 4 o'clock. On the other hand, a good bit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this holster exist?

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar

Does this holster exist?

When I carry (meaning, when I am out of Maryland ) I am generally carrying IWB, 4 o'clock. On the other hand, a good bit of the time I am carrying I am driving. Yeah, 4 o'clock isn't impossible for car carry, but it is somewhat awkward.

I have seen some of the holsters designed for car carry, and they have some good ideas, but I think I have decided what I would ideally like, if it exists...

So, I am a righty and want to carry cross-draw in the car. I want it to be OWB, and I want it to have a fairly strong rear cant----not quite horizontal, but close. In fact, what I think I want would look like an upside-down small-of-back holster. The last thing that would be great is if it is snap-on, like Nate's UBG Regulator. That way, I could quickly switch to/from the car holster without having to undo my belt.

Does such a beast exist...? Inquiring minds want to know.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

jim
    Check out the Fist #42 driving/crossdraw holster...it might work for you.
    (the video shows how it sits in the driving position better than the pics)

FIST, INC.

Andrews Custom, Carjacker Crossdraw

Andrews Custom Leather - Carjacker Crossdraw
    I can't vouch for this particular brand, as I don't own one; but this holster sprang to mind. It just might fit the bill.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Mohandas K. Gandhi

I can't watch the FIST video at work, so I will have to check it out when I get home later.

I've seen the Andrews Carjacker before, and it apparently escaped me then (maybe because at the time I wasn't sure what I was looking for) that it is a snap attachment. Bonus points for them showing the gun I'd be most likely to use in the car.

These definitely have some promise!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I never understood why all of the "driving holster" websites always show somebody wearing it in the driver's seat of a car with no seat belt on. I've always wondered how the seat belt works with this type of holster.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Adameeski View Post
    I never understood why all of the "driving holster" websites always show somebody wearing it in the driver's seat of a car with no seat belt on. I've always wondered how the seat belt works with this type of holster.
    I've never had cause to use one, but it seems to me like the seatbelt would either ride above the holster, or partially cover it while still allowing a clean draw. You have a good point though. They should show their holsters properly deployed.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Mohandas K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Sigil49 View Post
    I've never had cause to use one, but it seems to me like the seatbelt would either ride above the holster, or cover it while still allowing a clean draw. You have a good point though. They should show their holsters properly deployed.
    My point exactly. Seems like you are sacrificing your safe use of a seat belt to have quick access to your firearm. If the seat belt rides above it is on your gut, I would assume, and you are getting cut in half if you hit something. If it rides over the gun, imagine how bad a piece of steel will hurt on your pelvis when you hit something. Chances of me having a wreck are much greater than the chances of needing to draw my weapon. I'll stick to 3:30 or 4:00 when driving.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Take a look at the bottom of this page. Garrity's Gunleather - Pocket & Specialty Holsters

I have one for a Sig P239 if you are interested. I don't have a P239 anymore.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I just wedge mine between the seat and the console. Its free and before you get out, just tuck it in your iwbh at whatever 'o clock you like. I prefer Noonish to 1 and its pretty comfy while in the car.
    Attached Images
    Glock 17
    Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I have one for a Sig P239 if you are interested. I don't have a P239 anymore.
    Doc, PM inbound...

Quote Originally Posted by danielf View Post
    I just wedge mine between the seat and the console.
    I really prefer not to go off-body in the car, but I appreciate the response.

What about shoulder holster? or you could put the SOB for Left handed and have it at 10 or 11 o'clock....
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Doc, PM inbound...
    Response sent.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I saw a Police Officer here wearing a cross draw fobus holster, first one I've seen wearing one. I wanted to ask him about it, but he seemed a bit busy at the time.... so didn't bother him. IT fit your description perfectly.

Fobus roto holster:
    Fobus Holster: Roto-Holsters™

Thr cant is 360 degrees adjustable, you can wear it strong side or cross draw, I have one I have used when driving.

I am a fan of Ross Leather, and they make one similar to the others listed. The belt loop is secured with velcro, so that the holster can be removed without undoing your belt. Link below:

Ross Leather

I have this holster and I like it a lot. I used it when I had a 150 mile daily commute. For me, the seat belt ran under the holster, just above my belt. I avoided specifically having the seat belt run over the holster to avoid having a permanent imprint of the gun on my hip bone should there be an accident.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links