Car carry question

This is a discussion on Car carry question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I'm looking for a good holster for my g19 that will fit in the door pocket of my truck for switching from IWB ...

Thread: Car carry question

Car carry question

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good holster for my g19 that will fit in the door pocket of my truck for switching from IWB carry to getting in my truck. The door in question is on a 2001 f150 but I figure any holster that fits well in a door pocket will work. Anyone got suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

I always preach using a good holster, but in this case it might be OK to somehow attach a cheaper nylon holster to 'in the car' attachment.

I have a cheapie padded holster (one size fits many) lodged between my seat and console. I sometimes remove the Glock from my holster and place it in the 'extra' holster. Sometimes I keep the Glock in place and just put a revolver in the 'extra' holster. It depends upon the area I may be traveling in...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I remember a holster that has a strap that wraps around the seat and attaches so that the gun is drawn from the underside of the seat in front of you. I don't remember who makes it. Maybe someone knows. I don't know if that would work for you either.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Take a look at the Safepacker.

From Wilderness Tactical. Great little set up. You can thread the seat belt through it instead of putting the gun in the door pocket.

They have pics on their website. The advantage to this over the door pocket is that you will be reminded to take your weapon with you when you unbuckle and if a carjacker opens your door your weapon wont be out of reach.

I pocket carry on occassion and came to realize that I'd never be able to get to my pistol quickly. I've been trying to decide between the Safepacker and one of Tommy's Pistol Packs now.

Off the body carry has some advantages but it takes some getting used to.

Good luck,

Rick
    Hooah! It's an Army thing!

topsblades@gmail.com

I jam a Desantis Nemisis Pocket holster between the seat and the console for my G26. It stays put because of the tacky rubber outside. It is right next to my thigh and can be drawn with my strong hand as quick as lightning.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

I agree with TOP great holster for car carry etc.

VIP Member
    I have a cheapie velcroed inside my console. The top flips out to the right and it is handy. I suspect that you could do the same in the door panel.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Your car cannot obtain a permit...therefore it cannot carry.

VIP Member
    I'm one that doesn't care for "car carry". It's too easy to get separated from your weapon in any number of ways.

To each their own but my weapon stays on me unless I'm locking it up.

For your interest however, I'd get an inexpensive nylon holster.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I use a fanny pack lay on passenger seat or even floor. When I get out of car just wear it around my waist.

Ilike a few pictures I have seen of people taking cheap Kydex holsters (Uncle Mikes, Fobus, and velcro-ing them to the side of the lower console, right next to their right calf, upper ankle area. The kydex provides positive retention, and the gun is readily accessible and out of sight.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I too use a cheap nylon holster and cram in between my seat. I have a 98 Chevy and it has a 60/40 front seat so there is a crack in between the driver seat the the rest of the bench of the front seat.

80% of the time it stays on me however, but when I'm making a long trip back home I sometimes take it out and stuff it between the seats for the last few hours of the drive.

The one reason I don't like it between my seats is occasionally it will fall through and then I have to dig for the gun. If I were to ever need it I wouldn't want to have to be reaching for my weapon. Also, I hit a deer awhile back and the gun came flying out of the seat and landed by my pedals. That, to me, is just plain dangerous. If it was more secure I would probably carry it there more often, but for now it usually stays on me.

Links