Pure Kustom vs Desantis Holsters

This is a discussion on Pure Kustom vs Desantis Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know there are prob. a lot of these review threads floating around, but mines slightly more specific.... as some of you are aware in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pure Kustom vs Desantis Holsters

I know there are prob. a lot of these review threads floating around, but mines slightly more specific.... as some of you are aware in my CRAZY WEIRD carry style, I'm wondering if:

1. which holster would easily be carried small of back (with possibility to re rotated from 3:00-5:00?

2. Which holster offers the best retention in the weapon? I don't what anything falling out.

Seems from what I have read, the pure kustoms special ops pro holds its shape nicely for re-holster, and apparently hides a weapon VERY well, 28 diff. IWB locations and 1 FBI location for OWB.

I don't know much about he desanti's except that I like that it's able to hold a spare mag, but then again making it bigger and bulkier I'd assume. It also seem sto collapse once the weapon is drawing, making single handed re-holsters VERY hard....

.....DISCUSS......
    Last edited by Millerb7; April 25th, 2010 at 01:41 PM.

also like the Desanti's Kingston car seat holster as well, VERY much so. That will have to be for another discussion, unless this one grows old ;)

Pure Kustom is the most versatile of (IMO) any holster on the market and retention is tight. If you're in the market for a holster and the Black Ops Pro is within reach; grab it.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I can't comment on a Desanti holster but I couldn't imagine that the retention would be greater than a Pure Kustom Black Ops. My Black Ops Pro was so tight when I first got it that it was almost stuck in the holster. It since has loosened up a bit but still has great retention. I don't know exactly your "weird" small of the back holster position but the Blac Ops is very versatile but I don't know if it would work for your position.

So not sure if it would work in small of back carry? Made for the normal 3:00?

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Special Ops, You can carry from 9:00 to 6:00 from a strong right side. But it's IWB only.

Got mine Black Ops Pro yesterday at our local gun show. (Yeah) I'll review everything when I've had a chance to break the holster in. Right now I've got mine 5" Kimmy in a plastic bag inside the holster trying to loosen it up at little. Very, very tight. I don't think retention will be a problem with this holster.
    Adam

"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Special Ops, You can carry from 9:00 to 6:00 from a strong right side. But it's IWB only.
    Mind giving me the biggest diff. in carry position with the black ops and the black ops pro... besides all the diff. IWB positions, and the pro can carry OWB... also the special ops?

I normally carry around 6:00 and am right handed... which would carry in this position better?

I like the versatility of the pro, being able to get the cant etc. just right, along with carry OWB if I wanted, but I do have a nice OWB so not a big issue. I'm looking mainly for IWB. I have a Don Hume atm, it's nice don't get me wrong, but NO RETENTION at all... if I were to run, my weapon would fall out.

Also, I emailed you concerning the weapon I carry, SR9c, NOT SR9... if there was even an option for this, as it's not listed on the website.
    Last edited by Millerb7; April 25th, 2010 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion46 View Post
    Got mine Black Ops Pro yesterday at our local gun show. (Yeah) I'll review everything when I've had a chance to break the holster in. Right now I've got mine 5" Kimmy in a plastic bag inside the holster trying to loosen it up at little. Very, very tight. I don't think retention will be a problem with this holster.
    Please do, I'm HIGHLY interested in this holster, it seems like it might be just what I'm looking for.

I prefer leather over kydex and am looking for decent retention, and something I can carry small of back without issues.... but have the option to change to a 3:00-5:00 if I wanted.

The Pure Kustoms have a HUGE following on this site....and get rave reviews from other sites I have been at....although I have never seen one up close, they look awesome and built like a tank.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I'd take the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro over any holster out there.

I do have a holster made for me by a friend on this forum (dukalmighty) that I also love, it's made well, good retention, and made by a good friend as well.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by Millerb7 View Post
    Mind giving me the biggest diff. in carry position with the black ops and the black ops pro... besides all the diff. IWB positions, and the pro can carry OWB... also the special ops?

I normally carry around 6:00 and am right handed... which would carry in this position better?

I like the versatility of the pro, being able to get the cant etc. just right, along with carry OWB if I wanted, but I do have a nice OWB so not a big issue. I'm looking mainly for IWB. I have a Don Hume atm, it's nice don't get me wrong, but NO RETENTION at all... if I were to run, my weapon would fall out.

Also, I emailed you concerning the weapon I carry, SR9c, NOT SR9... if there was even an option for this, as it's not listed on the website.
    Both the Black Ops and the Black Ops Pro can be carried OWB. I believe the main difference is that the Pro has the adjustments/option to ride lower IWB than the regular Black Ops and the Pro is tuckable.

I should have my 3rd Black Ops Pro soon......they are awesome and great retention.
    b.

got a chance to talk to Rocky today... really nice guy, and seems very passionate about what he does.

I'll most likely be ordering a holster from him. I normally carry mid back, which is the special ops, but REALLY like all the positions of the black ops and black ops pro, just really worried about 3:00-5:00 carry, as it's never been successful for me, but then again maybe that's because I haven't had a good holster yet.

I've been wearing my BlackOps Pro OWB around the house and yard (I live in Illinois ) for the past few weeks, and I can honestly say it is THE most comfortable holster I have ever owned. BTW - I find it most comfortable for me at about 4:00.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links