Something I learned today about my Smartcarry

Something I learned today about my Smartcarry

This is a discussion on Something I learned today about my Smartcarry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is something I cannot practice over and over because I'm driving but I learned today that I can draw my Glock 27 with ease ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something I learned today about my Smartcarry

Smile Something I learned today about my Smartcarry

This is something I cannot practice over and over because I'm driving but I learned today that I can draw my Glock 27 with ease from my Smartcarry while driving 50MPH and wearing my seatbelt with jeans on.

A car pulled out in front of me and did not accelerate. I had two options. Get on the brakes hard or punch it and pass them legally.

I went with punch it and as I did this idiot did the same but I had the jump on him and as I'm going by he flips me the bird. I did not respond to that. He then decided to follow at a very close distance and I was going on an island. He could have followed me with ease to my destination which was in the middle of no where. I figured if something is going to go down I want my Glock 27 out of my pants now. I don't need to end up in the ocean as fish food.

I could not believe how easy it was to safely retrieve my Glock from my Smartcarry. He did not follow but it was nice knowing I can get it out within seconds if need be.

hi every one new to this site just want to say hello and i love my Glock 21

Quote Originally Posted by anthony59 View Post
    Did the fabric of the universe just tear?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    This is something I cannot practice over and over because I'm driving but I learned today that I can draw my Glock 27 with ease from my Smartcarry while driving 50MPH and wearing my seatbelt with jeans on.
    Good to know, I'm still scratching my head, because I haven't actually tried the smart carry and I can't seem to make the geometry work, but that was one of my big reservations was that I just didn't think they were all that accessible from a seated position. Perhaps I'm just imagining it riding lower.

Anthony, welcome, you should start an introduction thread.

just found it thanks for the info thanks for the welcome

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    Good to know, I'm still scratching my head, because I haven't actually tried the smart carry and I can't seem to make the geometry work, but that was one of my big reservations was that I just didn't think they were all that accessible from a seated position. Perhaps I'm just imagining it riding lower.
    I wear mine very low but I did have to lean back and sit up a tad in my seat to get my right hand on it. I don't know if it was my mindset that helped out because I knew I was going to end up on a dead end road and I need it out and out now. I was just pleased how easy I was able to do it.

I've been carrying my G27 appendix style for a few days now with a new holster. I like the SmartCarry as well, but once I've worn this new holster for a while I'll let you all in on it if it works out well. Sort of in the development stages right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I've been carrying my G27 appendix style for a few days now with a new holster. I like the SmartCarry as well, but once I've worn this new holster for a while I'll let you all in on it if it works out well. Sort of in the development stages right now.
    Hey Ram Rod, keep us informed.
    OP, glad everything worked out ok for you.

I've been carrying this SmartCarry for several months now and cannot see changing any time soon. In it is a CZ PCR, an extra magazine, a fairly large folding knife, and a Streamlight Stylus flashlight. I wear relaxed fit jeans and despite all the stuff in the SC printing has been no problem. Great carry combo.

I have been carrying this rig at 1:00 O' Clock and I have no problem reaching it, drawing and presenting, when sitting down. Takes some practice, of course, but it is not at all too difficult.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

VIP Member
    I’m wearing mine right now with my 640 snub as I didn’t bother taking it off after returning from a dog walk. I wear it high enough so the entire grip is above the belt line for easy access. My T-Shirt covers it well enough that it isn’t noticeable. It’s pretty handy for casual use, and universal in many ways. In fact, I think every snub owner would appreciate it; at least as a back-up to his or her more dedicated rigs.

Oh I almost forgot to agree to OP's comment. I have no problem with drawing from it while seated.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

ink
    i just got my smart carry a week ago and have been wearing it nonstop to make good use of their 60 day warranty to make sure its for me. when walking around or doing anything standing then smartcarry cannot be beat but a lot of times when sitting i find that its jamming into me and feels quite uncomfortable until i move it around a bit. I guess im still trying to find the sweet spot of where exctly to situate it..

Quote Originally Posted by anthony59 View Post

excuse me, while I wipe this tear from my eye.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Are there any pictures with people wearing these without their pants on (yes OVER undergarments) so I can see how they really work? AND what if you have a bit of a belly, seriously?
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    Are there any pictures with people wearing these without their pants on (yes OVER undergarments) so I can see how they really work? AND what if you have a bit of a belly, seriously?

Here is a youtube video by Tim Schmidt of the USCCA.

It's the best info that I've seen on the SmartCarry
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links