which maxpedition versipack for CC? Fatboy or Jumbo?

This is a discussion on which maxpedition versipack for CC? Fatboy or Jumbo? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking to get one of the Maxpedition Versipacks for summer carry. I have a compact 1911 with a 3 inch barrel. I've been eyeballing ...

Thread: which maxpedition versipack for CC? Fatboy or Jumbo?

I'm looking to get one of the Maxpedition Versipacks for summer carry. I have a compact 1911 with a 3 inch barrel. I've been eyeballing the Fatboy Versipack since it's more compact than the jumbo but I'm wondering if the fatboy is too small for that gun.

I want something that I can draw from easily and I've read on a few other boards that the fatboy's conceal carry pocket is a little small and your gun can get hung up on it.

Anyone use a fatboy to CC with? should I just get the Jumbo and not worry about it?

I don,t CC with mine but my G26 works fine in it.
    I think its a little small overall but anything bigger would attract too much attention for a CC pack IMO.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

What's wrong with on the body carry? I have a fatboy jumbo and by the time I could unzip and draw my gun I'd be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by tennvol View Post
    What's wrong with on the body carry? I have a fatboy jumbo and by the time I could unzip and draw my gun I'd be dead.
    I normally carry in a Raven Concealment owb holster. Now that it's warming up outside I want some thing that I can carry with and not worry about dressing around the gun... something that no matter what I'm wearing i can just grab and go.

I thought about pocket carry but I'm not too fond of the little 380s and I don't like the idea of drawing from a tight pocket. I have a smart carry and loved it at first but to be honest i don't use it that much anymore...

so thats when i came to the conclusion that off body carry like in a versipack might be a viable option when i don't wanna worry about printing or dressing around the gun.

I carry a p11 as a back up in my Fatboy S type plenty of room for a compact 1911. I have a Jumbo as well it is pretty darn big.

Don't have a Jumbo, but have several Fatboys. I've carried a J-Frame, Kahr PM9, and LCP in it. Just checked the CCW space and a 3" Springfield will fit but it seems a little tight for an easy draw. I use a leather holster insert from another brand fanny pouch with velcro on its outside surface as my holster in the Maxped's CCW space. Works really well when I decide to carry that way.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

I have carried a Jumbo for about five years and, though I prefer on body carry, there are times when nothing but the Jumbo will meet my needs. I consider the Fatboy way too small and constricted if you are carrying a gun of any size Fatboy is IMHO just way too small and constricting. In addition when I also have some other "stuff" to carry and, once again, the Fatboy just does not get the job done.

Jumbo all the way.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

thanks for all the replies guys! sounds like the Jumbo is the way to go for my gun.

I'll try and get some picks and a review up when I get it

Sponsored Links