High Noon Pocket Holsters - Got Experience???

This is a discussion on High Noon Pocket Holsters - Got Experience??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just checking to see if anyone has any experience with the High Noon Pocket Holster pictured below, and if so, how does it compare to ...

Just checking to see if anyone has any experience with the High Noon Pocket Holster pictured below, and if so, how does it compare to the DeSantis Nemesis Pocket holster!?!

Compare as it relates to size, comfort, breathability, functionality, etc.

Please help by sharing your personal experiences and/or observations.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I really like my High noon pocket holster; I have two other High Noon models I use. I have been using mine almost daily for two years without any wear issues, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dwyermw View Post
    I really like my High noon pocket holster; I have two other High Noon models I use. I have been using mine almost daily for two years without any wear issues, etc.
    Just curious, how well does the pocket holster breathe with it having the leather incorporated into the holster!?! Does it seem to be warm in the pocket, as far as perspiration is concerned!?! When I think of leather in the pocket, it just seems that it would be sweat, corrosion prone.

What has your experience been with the HN holster?

It sweats no more then any inside the pants holster. We have never had any problems with corrosion on any holsters in our line.

The Pocket Grabber has a great push off feature Pocket Grabber Instructions

http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_...t_grabber.html

Justin

I have or had, as I would have to look in the Garage, a High Noon Pocket Grabber for a Kahr PM9.

I found that I dislike any "push-off" or clothes hook feature on my pocket holsters as the liklihood of getting the draw-stroke wrong at some point in a real life encounter is too great. I will stick with my Mika Pocket Holsters for any pocket carried gun I may use.

That is not to say that High Noon doesn't make some acceptable holsters, as they do. I just don't find the Pocket Grabber to be it. YMMV.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I have or had, as I would have to look in the Garage, a High Noon Pocket Grabber for a Kahr PM9.

I found that I dislike any "push-off" or clothes hook feature on my pocket holsters as the liklihood of getting the draw-stroke wrong at some point in a real life encounter is too great. I will stick with my Mika Pocket Holsters for any pocket carried gun I may use.

That is not to say that High Noon doesn't make some acceptable holsters, as they do. I just don't find the Pocket Grabber to be it. YMMV.

Biker
    A real question, not trying to start anything, but how can a hook cause any problems? All it does is keep the holster in the pocket when you pull the weapon out? I have used this holster for my main carry gun for about 20 years now and never had any problems with it.... other than it wanting to stay in the pocket at the end of the day.....

1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

I've had hooks fail to "catch" the edge of the pocket when trying to draw a weapon from my pocket.

You could say this is technique and a learning issue but I disagree. It is the failure of a product to work as inteded in real life testing in my opinion. Having had to draw my BUG before, when I need a gun in my hand I need it NOW! I don't need it in a moment, but NOW!

Every mode of carry has it's pluses and minuses and one has to weigh them individually. I have found that when i need the gun in my pocket I am in a hurry and most likely not able to stand there and make a perfect draw, as I'm probably going to be moving in some way and need the holster to be able to relenquish the gun with haste.

I think Dave Spaulding put it best when he says to look at three things:

1) Does it make Sense
    2) Is it Sound
    3) Is it Simple

Pocket Holsters with a hook, and "push off" Holsters fail the Simple portion, as they either require an extra movement or stand the very real liklihood of failing in real life, thus making them less than Sound.

Simple is, put hand in pocket and grasp gun. Then draw the gun and proceed as needed. Simple allows you to reholster the gun without having to take the holster out of the pocket.

I fail to see the need, for me anyway, of having great retention capability in a Pocket Holster. This is akin to an IWB concealed carry holster that has Level III or IV Retention. That's great for an open carry duty holster, but not so great for a concealed carry holster.

Biker

Now we might be talking about different things which is why I included the photo. The hook, I'm talking about is off the back just to catch the part of the pocket to the back and causes the holster to hang and stay in pocket, but the holster holds the pistol up right with the grip always in the same place.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    It sweats no more then any inside the pants holster. We have never had any problems with corrosion on any holsters in our line.

The Pocket Grabber has a great push off feature Pocket Grabber Instructions

Pocket Grabber

Justin
    Thank you Justin for stopping by and responding. I like the looks of the HN pocket holster; I'm just having a hard time justifying $65 shipped, when compared to the DeSantis Nemesis which I have for my LCP, and it works really well. Decisions, decisions~

They are two different materials, leather is much more expensive then nylon and more labor intensive. The leather has to be wet molded to the gun you order for, then the edges have to be burnished. The Pocket Grabber is not cheap but will hold its shape and will be stiffer then the nylon. I have seen nylon wear out, I have never seen someone wear thru a leather holster and if they have its rare. Both will get the job done, just depends on the person buying the holster, what do they pefer better and what features are more important.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    They are two different materials, leather is much more expensive then nylon and more labor intensive. The leather has to be wet molded to the gun you order for, then the edges have to be burnished. The Pocket Grabber is not cheap but will hold its shape and will be stiffer then the nylon. I have seen nylon wear out, I have never seen someone wear thru a leather holster and if they have its rare. Both will get the job done, just depends on the person buying the holster, what do they pefer better and what features are more important.

Justin
    Understood - Thanks again!

No specific advice on the High Noon pocket holster but I offer the following observation on my IWB tuckable holster from them. After a year and a half of use there is less wear on this than the pistol I stuck in it! =)

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I don't have any experience with HN's pocket grabber, but I like the idea of it. Having had my share of pocket holsters, I definitely prefer leather to nylon. I've had nylon pocket holsters wear out on me over time. A good leather pocket holster just plain works.

As to pocket holsters with hooks, push-offs, etc, one just needs to train with whatever they get.

My issue with hooks/push-offs is that they might not fit all pockets, whereas the Pocket Grabber should not be an issue. No matter the holster, one should train with it (Practicing their draws).
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I've had mine for almost two years now and I love it. It's for the LCP and I've never had any problems with it not staying in the pocket and coming out with the gun. I think you can't beat the craftsmanship and quality of any product from High Noon.
    FL CWL
    Member of:
    USCCA
    NRA
    GCO
    IDPA

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I just sold my Hume PCS with my LCR.

Now use my HIGH NOON pocket grabber holster with my Micro.

If you are looking to buy a super quality, highly functional pocket holster.

Give Michael and crew a visit.

Tell him I sent you.

KEV

High Noon Holsters

questions@highnoonholsters.com

====

Links