holster for CC Glock 17?

This is a discussion on holster for CC Glock 17? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, I am new to CC, and have recently applied for my CHP in Virginia. Anyone have advice for a good holster for Glock 17? ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cmdrdredd

Thread: holster for CC Glock 17?

holster for CC Glock 17?

Hello,

I am new to CC, and have recently applied for my CHP in Virginia. Anyone have advice for a good holster for Glock 17? Not sure if this has already been discussed, but was anable to find it in here.

2. Remove Ads

Any of the custom leather makers on this forum would be able to help you. Or check out a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe.

The Supertuck from Crossbreed will work with a Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 22, Glock 23 if you order one for your G17. Since it's an open muzzle holster with leather to keep the gun from rubbing your skin, the barrel sticks out with a G17/G22 and with the smaller models would not stick out as much. Since they all retain the same basic frame shape it would fit any of them.

For leather holsters there are too many fine manufacturers. Pure Kustom Holsters, UBG Holsters, Milt Sparks, TT Gunleather, HBE Leatherworks, FIST just to name a few.

For Kydex holsters you have a bunch of other options from Raven Concealment, FIST, DeSantis, Comp-Tac and others.

Unfortunately I nor anyone else can tell you this one or that one is best. There are too many fine products that will all work for your needs. I'd recommend a Crossbreed Holster if you want a hybrid holster(leather against skin and kydex sheet around the gun). Pure Kustom, UBG, Little Bear, or HBE Holsters if you want all leather and for pure kydex I like Raven Concealment. In leather there's many models you can choose from. All with different options for you. Your best bet is to call one of them and talk to them on the phone. Explain what you're trying to accomplish and what firearm you're concealing. They will discuss your options and recommend a product better than I can.
    GlockHawk17 likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I carry a Glock 23 in a High Noon IWB Public Secret holster with a dedicated gun belt that keeps the weapon close to the body. I like the appendix carry because it conceals well and can be defended well if need be because it is in the front of the body. I wear the 5-11 Covert Casual shirt in the warm Florida weather which looks great and is a dedicated concealed carry garment.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

All my Glocks (and other pistols) ride in one of these... Fist Holsters
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; May 2nd, 2010 at 08:01 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Comp-Tac makes holsters for the 17.i am in the process of getting an Adam's Holster
    Glock 19, Trijicon Night Sights, Hogue Slip on Grip & 124gr Gold-Dots
    With an Adam's Holster Texas IWB Holster (Cowhide w/ Ostrich Trim)

IMO.....you've opened a can of worms. To start out with, I can't recommend anything actually. Everything I would recommend comes from my own personal experience and comfort level. I'm always accessible through the site if you have further questions.

Heck, I'd just buy one of my holsters and call it a day. In all seriousness, there's a large selection of quality gun leather built by guys on and outside this forum. Like most serious pistol people, you will probably end up with several fine and not so fine holsters until you find the those that best suit your needs.Welcome to the forum!
    Randy

Welcome. Many of the good holsters have been mentioned already. My experience with comfort, retention, ease of draw and just a beautiful piece of leather would be Pure Kustom's Black Ops. It is an OWB/IWB combo holster.

I have also used MTAC and Milt Sparks VM II. All are comfortable. The MTAC can be had rather quickly. You're gonna wait a little for Pure Kustom. You're gonna wait a long time for Sparks (6 mos). Unless you can find one on ebay, but you'll pay top dollar.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Welcome. Many of the good holsters have been mentioned already. My experience with comfort, retention, ease of draw and just a beautiful piece of leather would be Pure Kustom's Black Ops. It is an OWB/IWB combo holster.

I have also used MTAC and Milt Sparks VM II. All are comfortable. The MTAC can be had rather quickly. You're gonna wait a little for Pure Kustom. You're gonna wait a long time for Sparks (6 mos). Unless you can find one on ebay, but you'll pay top dollar.
    Actually I talked to Rocky today at Pure Kustom. I was informed that he tries to keep a little stock on hand for very popular guns that receive orders all the time. Such as 1911s, Glocks, Sigs. So it would be worth to give him a call and see if he has anything that he could get to you within a week or two. Might get lucky if it's something you're interested in.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I went with the Crossbreed SuperTuck for a Glock 22. I have only had the holster for about 8 hours now, but so far I am VERY happy with it! It's very adjustable, comfortable. I ordered mine without the "combat cut" however I think I will get the material cut in the near future.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

I carry a summer comfort IWB holster for my glock 26 (which is the same size as the 27). Love it!

VIP Member
    Raven concealment

I carry a G23 in a Comp-Tac Spartan with a Wilderness Instructor belt. Won't break the bank, you'll get it in a week or so, it's tuckable, and it's adjustable so you can figure out what works for you in terms of where on your belt you want to carry and at what cant. It distributes the weight well and doesn't slide around on your belt.

All Leather = Pure Kustom
    Kydex = Blade Tech or Raven Concealment
    Hybrid (half leather/half kydex) = Cross Breed or Comp-Tac

BTW Welcome to the Forum

Links