Looking For HK P7 Holster with Certain Features

This is a discussion on Looking For HK P7 Holster with Certain Features within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been all over the internet looking for a quality holster for my P7 PSP. I'm willing to pay top dollar to a top maker ...

I've been all over the internet looking for a quality holster for my P7 PSP. I'm willing to pay top dollar to a top maker for what I want, I just can't seem to find it. Here are the features I want:

OWB
    Two belt slots
    FBI cant
    Right hand
    Full muzzle coverage, open bottom, sight channel
    Tension screw
    Thumb break
    Leather
    Brown or mahogany
    Very high quality

Here is exactly what I'm looking for:

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._sky_high.html

however, while they list it for the P7 M8 they do not for the PSP. When I emailed them they said that they don't make it because 'casts' for the PSP to mold the holster around are impossible to find.

Can anyone recommend a holster maker with a model that fits the bill?

Failing that, can anyone point me to a source for a PSP 'cast' or dummy gun? I would refer it to High Noon or - better idea - I would just buy it and send it to them to make me a holster.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

I have a PSP and I have a Del Fatti IWB and a TTGunleather Stronghold OWB and its a great holster...doesnt have all the features you want...gonna be impossible to find all the features you are asking for...never have seen a holster with a thumbbreak and a tension screw... the TT Stronghold has awesome retention...you can hold it upside down and it wont fall out..has a 22 degree cant and is brown...not open bottom....My DelFatti is my favorite but Tims OWB is an awesome holster...I can wear it and cover it with a T-shirt..good luck on your search..Robbie

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

Although the tension screw is not a deal-breaker the thumb break is. My duty issue holster has a required thumb break - I don't want to get used to a non-thumb break holster for a private weapon and then fumble with the draw on the duty weapon.

Although I was happy to see that TT Gunleather lists the P7 PSP as a pistol it builds holsters for, I did not see a thumb break model.

The High Noon Sky High model has every feature that I'm looking for, including thumb break and tension screw, except that it is unavailable for the PSP (they do make one for the P7 M8).
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alienbogey View Post
    Although the tension screw is not a deal-breaker the thumb break is.
    Although I was happy to see that TT Gunleather lists the P7 PSP as a pistol it builds holsters for, I did not see a thumb break model.

The High Noon Sky High model has every feature that I'm looking for, including thumb break and tension screw, except that it is unavailable for the PSP (they do make one for the P7 M8).
    alienbogey,

The P7M8 holster from High Noon should accomodate the P7 because of the open bottom. The P7 should slide down till the trigger guard sets in the trigger guard mold. There will be approx. a 1/4" -2/5" play/space between the thumb break strap and the heel/backstrap of the P7 though. How do I know this? One of my P7's spends about 80% of it's duty on call status time, whether it's on top of a book shelf or under my pillow, in a open bottom, thumb break, OWB belt slide holster made for the P7M8. I've also got an open bottom Milt Sparks IWB P7M8 holster that holds my P7 perfectly. In it, a fully loaded P7 will not slide out if held upside down.

If I was in your shoes though, I'd probably contact Tim at TT Gunleathers and ask him if he could put a thumbreak on one of his holsters. He makes some mighty fine top quality holsters.

Good luck in your search.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

I tried a Sideguard holster made for a P7M8 with my PSP and it wouldn't work, the pistol moved to much..that 1/8th or 1/4 inch makes a difference..with a thumbbreak..I don't know...Check out HKpro.com..they have holsters for sale over there all the time...post this question there and they might be able to help you...alot of P7 gurus over there..good luck...Robbie

Check out Kramer Leather. I don't see a thumb-break holster on his web site, but he's in the Tacoma area so you might be able to go visit with him and have him build you one. Another holster maker in your area is Eugene of SWCR, he shows a thum-break model, don't know if he has a P7 PSP mold or not.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I have a source for a PSP dummy gun. If you e-mail me at torrejon224@msn.com, I'll get the info for you.

There is a Galco with a thumbbreak for a P7M8 on glocktalk for sale.....

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I'm leery of ordering a holster made for the P7 M8 because of the larger trigger guard - if I'm going to spend the $$ for a top maker holster I want it to fit perfectly.

torrejon224 - I emailed you regarding the dummy gun.

NCW Ray - I may check out Kramer, I had no idea there was a holster maker in Tacoma. Also, I'm familiar with Eugene - if you look at that thread you linked the picture of the sheath for the Bowie is mine, I sent the knife to him for the sheath to be made just as I asked. He did a nice job.

K & D Holsters has one that ALMOST meets that, just doesnt have the tension screw or thumb break, I think Galco and Don Hume have something similiar to what you want

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfug View Post
    K & D Holsters has one that ALMOST meets that, just doesnt have the tension screw or thumb break, I think Galco and Don Hume have something similiar to what you want
    Kevin will put a thumb break on a holster if you ask.

Links