Off body carry options.

Off body carry options.

This is a discussion on Off body carry options. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A while back I wanted an off body carry option for my Kimber Aegis 9mm and I picked up a Wilderness Safepacker for it. While ...

Off body carry options.

A while back I wanted an off body carry option for my Kimber Aegis 9mm and I picked up a Wilderness Safepacker for it. While I was at it I purchased a SP for my Colt Pony Pocketlite.

Looking at the Wilderness web site I really liked the idea of attaching the SP to the seatbelt. I holster carry at about 5:00 and it can be an awkward draw while seatbelted in a car. I was doing a lot of traveling at the time and the SP gave me the option of grabbing the gun when I went in to grab a soda when buying fuel.

As it turns out I don't really use the SP all that much and started looking for another option. The SP is a great product, well made and made in America, the design just didn't work for me. I do wear their belts almost exclusively.

I ended up buying a Tommy's Gun Pack. I don't have any affiliation with the company. I really appreciate the workmanship and the thought that went into the design.

At the present time my Kimber has been "replaced" with a Kahr PM9 that stays in my pocket for the most part. The TGP has been selected to carry larger guns; specifically a Taurus PT 1911 in .45 and a Ruger 22/45 with a 5" barrel. With the gunpack I can carry a full sized pistol, 4 magazines, my wallet, a knife and a flashlight. Everything that I need for a quick trip to the store or when I go to pick my daughter up from work late at night.

Granted it may scream "gun" to those who know what they are looking at but that doesn't really bother me. I am licensed and carry appropriately. The majority of folks don't know what it is.

This gives me the ability to carry a full sized pistol in situations where I probably wouldn't otherwise.

I currently have two of them. A medium in black for my Kimber and a large in blue for my 1911 and 22/45.

Good products, made in America, that work.

Stay safe,

Rick
    Hooah! It's an Army thing!

topsblades@gmail.com

VIP Member
    I’ll likely catch hell for this but I sometimes use a Lacoste waist pack that I purchased in Italy. Unlike the ugly styles here in the States, the Euro models are slim and not gay looking’. The only down side is they are just wide enough to secure a gun the size of a snub and that's about it.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Links