IWB/Belt holster choices

IWB/Belt holster choices

This is a discussion on IWB/Belt holster choices within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have three medium to large guns that I use to carry, and wanted suggestions for the newest one, a G23 Glock 40, the one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB/Belt holster choices

IWB/Belt holster choices

I have three medium to large guns that I use to carry, and wanted suggestions for the newest one, a G23 Glock 40, the one with the 4 inch barrel. I am 6'5" tall, 265 pounds and have large hands, a bit long in the tooth, and used to carrying a fairly large pistol. My inclination is to look at a Versa Max II (and the 4-5 month wait) for the Glock, or possibly a Bianchi 100 pro. The other two carry guns are a Beretta FS92 in stainless and a P220 SIG Sauer Equinox. Need something secure and reasonably comfortable for the Glock. I reload all my own ammo for practice, and load (once) Starline brass for the Glock, and then use HP defensive factory loads for carry, usually Cor-Bon or Gold Dot. Does anyone use the Bianchi 100 IWB, and if so, does it protect your side very well with the high top of the holster? Thanks for any comments and suggestions for a good holster for this Glock 23.

VIP Member
    The Bianchi 100 IWB is a very good holster and I still use the one I purchased decades ago. BTW: Based on my last two orders from Milt Sparks, I'd say you're looking at more like' 6-7 months for actual delivery.

Late Entry: For the sake of others' I should mention the Bianchi 100 works considerably better for auto-loaders, than it does with revolvers due to the placement of the clip.
    Last edited by Saber; May 2nd, 2010 at 04:22 PM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

The CompTac MTAC and Crossbreed SuperTuck are very popular for the mid-size Glocks. I have both and they are comfortable and offer great concealment. There are many posts regarding these two holsters. I also have a VMII but don't wear it very often.
    NRA Life Member

los
    If you can find a Brommeland Max-Con V, I think it'd be the only IWB rig you'd ever want to own.

I had one for a G26 that I carried a few years ago. The workmanship and carry characteristics were unlike any other IWB I ever owned.

Here's a few photos in case you've never seen one....

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I have two Bianchi 100 pro holsters. They are both for small guns, a S&W mod 60 and a Colt Government 380. I don't think they have enough cant for me to conceal a large gun. For my full size guns I like the DeSantis Cozy Partner. Cost $70 and ships right away. I use Cozy Partner for Glock 22 and 1911. For me it is very comfortable and concealable.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by AceHi View Post
    The CompTac MTAC and Crossbreed SuperTuck are very popular for the mid-size Glocks. I have both and they are comfortable and offer great concealment. There are many posts regarding these two holsters.
    ^ What he said. Many prefer the comfort of these hybrid (half leather/half kydex) holsters for all day carrying. The wait is about one month for the Cross Breed. I'm not sure about Comp-Tac.

I have a mini tuck...also look at High Noon also....great holsters for the money!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Savior Sound View Post
    ^ What he said. Many prefer the comfort of these hybrid (half leather/half kydex) holsters for all day carrying. The wait is about one month for the Cross Breed. I'm not sure about Comp-Tac.
    +1, I went with the Minotaur MTAC for my SIG P239 and got it in 6 days. Customer service is top notch and you even get free candy.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I bought a Comp Tac MTAC and I absolutely love it. I rarely OWB carry anymore because this holster is so comfy. It is very adjustable too. You can tip the cant quite a bit.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

I must be weird or something. I have an MTAC, and although the fast delivery and the candy were great, the holster was just never comfortable for me. It sits in my holster drawer.

The two IWB holsters that do work for me are the RMHolsters "Low Rider" (kydex) and the AKJ/Concealco ambidextrous (leather). Both are very comfortable, fit my guns well and conceal very well.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

My recommendation for an IWB holster for your Glock is a Milt Sparks Summer Special. Brownell's stocks these... MILT SPARKS HOLSTERS : Glock 19/23 (728-002-019) - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

I've used a Summer Special for almost 20 years and it's still going strong. The new ones have a little tab to spare your skin a bit. The holster is easy-on and easy-off, and takes up about one-third of the body real estate that the vaunted SuperTuck takes. I'm not a small guy at 5'11" and 210, and a full-size, 39 ounce 1911 carries easily in the SS all day. I can only imagine a lighter gun like the G23 is barely noticeable.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Also, for what it's worth, I have heard nothing but good things about Pure Kustom Holsters. I love my MTAC, but I plan on ordering a custom painted and tooled Black Ops Pro when I have the funds. What will I do when I love them both?!?!?
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I have an MTAC ... and it sits in my holster drawer.
    For what gun? If it is for Glock 19 or Sig P228 I may take it off of your hands for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Savior Sound View Post
    For what gun? If it is for Glock 19 or Sig P228 I may take it off of your hands for you!
    It's for a Kahr P9/CW9, and it is LEFT HAND.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    +1, I went with the Minotaur MTAC for my SIG P239 and got it in 6 days. Customer service is top notch and you even get free candy.
    I ordered two more holsters just so I could have some more lifesavers.

On second thought maybe the store would be cheaper...
    Knowing is half the battle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links