G26 holster, woolfe? galco? milt sparks?

This is a discussion on G26 holster, woolfe? galco? milt sparks? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, I am fairly new to the community and am the proud owner of a Glock 26. I am looking for an IWB holster, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G26 holster, woolfe? galco? milt sparks?

Hey everyone, I am fairly new to the community and am the proud owner of a Glock 26. I am looking for an IWB holster, I really like the look of IWB holsters with snaps over clips as far as they seem like they would fit my wardrobe well. I have really liked the Milt Sparks versa max II, the Galco Summer comfort, and the Woolfe Gunleather products. They are all fairly similar looking in design but are in 3 very distinct price classes being as such,

Galco - I have found the summer comfort for anywhere from $40 used to around $60 new

Woolfe - $85 new + shipping for what looks like a versa max style holster of nice quality

Milt Sparks - $110-145 depending on trim

My question would be, how different are these all really, if I chose the cheapest route with the galco, which is also the most readily available am I missing out on serious design improvements the the more expensive custom holsters such as woolfe or milt are going to offer? Or am I going to see fairly small improvements? I am not afraid nor constricted by budget to spend the $100 + on a milt, but am more so deterred by the very very long waiting list so I am looking for something more readily available. Are there any other makers who make holsters similar in this style that I should check out?

Thanks!

As far as IWB goes, dont forget about the hybrids!

Crossbreed supertuck and Comp Tac MTAC are fantastic holsters. I carry a G26 in an MTAC. Once I got it adjusted to my liking, it is like I left the gun at home. I can ride all day in a car or even do physical labor in total comfort.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Thanks for the reply, I have had my eye on those as well but seem to really have an eye for a nice leather holster at the moment. Did you try or experiment with any other rigs before settling on your MTAC for your g26?

los
    The G26 is a bit chunky so I would advise to stay away from IWB holsters that have a reinforced mouth such as the Sparks VMII as it will add width. Not saying you won't be able to appropriately conceal,...but you'll have to dress around it. I know, I owned one.

I would recommend you check out the Brommeland Max-Con V. It is arguably the best IWB holster made. Lately, Gary Brommeland has been hanging out over at the GlockTalk Forum.

Here's a photo of my ex G26/Max-Con V rig.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
    As far as IWB goes, dont forget about the hybrids!

Crossbreed supertuck and Comp Tac MTAC are fantastic holsters.
    ^ + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I have had my eye on those as well but seem to really have an eye for a nice leather holster at the moment. Did you try or experiment with any other rigs before settling on your MTAC for your g26?
    Yes, I tried several other options. The first (and worst) was a black uncle mikes IWB with a clip. The plastic clip was not tough enough to keep the holster secure and I felt it didnt cover the trigger gaurd well. I threw this holster away when my gun flipped out while getting out of my car. It landed in a mud puddle. That was it.

My second holster was a Blackhawk CQC Serpa. It is a FANTASTIC holster and I love it for the range and open carry. It is fat and it sticks out, so it is tough to conceal without a heavy cover garment.

Leather pocket holster... I couldnt draw without getting the holster too.

Leather IWB with a metal clip... uncomfortable.

Desantis Nemisis pocket holster.. a winner, but the G26 can only be pocket carried under circumstances.

I was toarn between the Milt Sparks and the MTAC, the long wait for a Milt made my mind up for me.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Check out the Ritchie Leather Stakeout, one of the best chocies out there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire
    I have a drawerful of holsters over the years. The Galco Stow and Go is fine for the Snub Nosed guns but not a fat Glock 23 or 27.

I was in the same decision process as you. The hybrids are great in design but I wanted an ITWB that was quick to put on, had a forward cant, is comfortable and practical.

The Serpa is what most dealers have "sold me" on here in FL but it is impractical for the climate. They also clamor about the Clipdraw. The Clipdraw is not safe for a Striker fire pistol since there is no safety like a 1911. Massad Ayoob also advises against that design and his words speak volumes, in my book.

The Milt Sparks are made of horse hide which is supposed to be more durable. In reality, you will likely switch when the latest and greatest comes out. So saving a few dollars made sense for mr choosing the Galco Summer Comfort for my G27, which has the same dimensions as your pistol.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

My EDC is a G26 in a summer comfort holster... LOVE IT...

This is what I use. I can only upload one image at a time from my iPhone.
    Attached Images
    NRA, Lifetime Member

This is the other side of my Galco Summer Carry.
    Attached Images
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Looking for a holster. You don't have to break the bank or keep up with the Jones' around here to find what you need instead of what should be sought after. High Noon holsters are very good IMO. On the other hand...over-thinking things is rather easy to do. You've got a G26 and you're going to carry it. How are you carrying it now? Less money spent on a holster might mean more practice ammo. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches can only be tolerated for so long. I'm going to send you a PM with some info.

I'm going to PM you some info.

High Noons are awesome, great eye candy....Cross Breeds work well too and are very thin.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

The Summer carry isnt bad...I use one for my snubbie and my P228. I recommend the Com III from HBE Leatherworks. What I carry my G23 in EDC.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links