What are the best ankle holsters out there?

This is a discussion on What are the best ankle holsters out there? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys, I'm new here. I just got my Texas CHL and bought a Kahr CW9 for concealed carry. I am going to purchase an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the best ankle holsters out there?

What are the best ankle holsters out there?

Hi guys, I'm new here. I just got my Texas CHL and bought a Kahr CW9 for concealed carry.

I am going to purchase an ankle holster for my Kahr but I have absolutely no experience with any kind of holsters, whether ankle or IWB.

I'm a big guy so ankle carry will be the most comfortable for me. I know it's not the most tactical but I will be more apt to carry on my ankle versus in waistband etc.

Anyway, I need to know what companies make the best ankle holsters for the best price. Comfort and weapon held securely in ankle holster being the #1 objective.

I've seen some others mention the Galco cop ankle band but was just wondering if there are others that may be more comfortable, more secure, more economic, etc.

All responses are much appreciated.

Thanks,

tbizzle

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the Forum!

I ordered a Bulman 4 months ago-let you know what I think of it when it gets here...

Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I'm a big fan of the generic Uncle Mikes ankle holsters. I have three of them. One for my LCP, one for my J-Frames, and one for my Kahr PM9. They all come with optional Velcro attached thumb snaps for retention. I've worn one everyday for the past 2 years and have no complaints.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

galco ankle glove. you get what you pay for. cheap ankle holster makes for problems in the long run.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Renegade........extremely comfortable and will not break the bank.
    Jim

My vote:
    5 Shot Leather........Mr. John Ralston

Quality, Quality, Quality...........his holsters are terriffic.

Ditto on the Galco, with the optional calf strap.....but overall, ankle rigs are not the best, really hard to get to for me and bang on the door jamb everytime i get in and out of my truck.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    Ditto on the Galco, with the optional calf strap.....but overall, ankle rigs are not the best, really hard to get to for me and bang on the door jamb everytime i get in and out of my truck.
    I second the calf strap....I carried my MK9, and occasionally my P239/.40 in an ankle holster...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Another vote for the Renegade. I have both it and the Galco w/calf strap.....I find the Renegade more comfortable, and very secure.

los
    WELCOME to the Forum and Congrats on acquiring your your CHL.

You've chosen a good CCW. For those on the forum that ankle carry, the Glaco rig is pretty popular.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I've used the Renegade ankle holster for many yrs to carry my S&W 442 & had no issues. I later ankle carried a Glock 26 for my BUG & used the Galco ankle holster & one other one that I forget the name of. I ended up getting another Renegade for it. They just plain work & they're comfortable.

I might add that I used it for work, so I needed something that'd be comfortable for 12+ hrs per day & wouldn't have any issues during foot pursuits, climbing fences, walls, etc.

Regardless of my opinion & experience, on an ankle holster, I think one should try them on as their comfort is very subjective.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

uncle mike's

I tried a few before buying an Alessi holster. I'm a big guy too and I'm very comfortable with ankle carry. I've carried a Glock 27 in an Alessi holster for years and years with ZERO problems. Granted the Alessi model is expensive, but you get what you pay for!!

Just to throw another maker into the mix.
    Check out the Ritchie Leather Ankle Rig. He uses premium felt padding, top grade leather, high quality velcro and a metal cinch buckle. Nothing cheap in its components. Yes it is expensive but you will only have to purchase once and it will give years of service and still be ticking.

Good luck in your search.

I've tried, I think, 5 different ankle rigs including an Alessi, for a J-frame. I have a really nice DeSantis leather one that is comfortable but won't work with some narrow pants. I recently tried a DeSantis that is built like a Renegade. It works fine over lace-up boots, but I have come back to the Renegade for comfort and concealability.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links