Little skinny guy

This is a discussion on Little skinny guy within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im a small guy 5ft 7 155lbs rock hard chiseled abs ripped arms and bursting thighs. Yea right. I carry a Glock 23 and 27 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little skinny guy

Im a small guy 5ft 7 155lbs rock hard chiseled abs ripped arms and bursting thighs.Yea right. I carry a Glock 23 and 27 all the time. I think skinny guys can actually have less problems cc than fat guys. No spare tire in the way. Dont think you must get a single stack just because your thin. I have no problem carrying my Glocks.
    Glock 22 Gen 4, 27
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I’m somewhat small/medium too. In fact, it wasn’t long ago when I shared your same specs albeit .25-inch taller. In any event I recommend that you try out some other guns before committing to ‘size’ as a prime denominator. As it is, you are small so if conceal carry is your intended use then perhaps a 'dimensionally' smaller framed gun would be easier to conceal. Now, if you’re stuck on Glocks and want to make big holes, then take a look at the Model-36.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

cj
    I'm a talk skinny one, and what I try to look for is flat and short...so for me, single stacks with shorter overall heights were the ideal combination. Not that it stopped me from acquiring a number of double-stacks which I love, but for IWB that's the combination that worked best for me.

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt1988 View Post
    Glock 26 or other 9mm
    That gun may be bigger than your kel tec, but it is certainly not a "big" gun. In fact, most of us who carry full size guns consider the G26 to be a small gun, and your kel tec would be considered a "pocket pistol".

The Kahr CW9 is a good middle ground between pocket-sized and full-size.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

5' 5"
    120lbs.
    29" waist.
    Walther PPS 9mm
    Milt Sparks VMII IWB holster.

Has worked very well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    That gun may be bigger than your kel tec, but it is certainly not a "big" gun. In fact, most of us who carry full size guns consider the G26 to be a small gun, and your kel tec would be considered a "pocket pistol".
    You are right, I need to clarify what I meant. Bigger gun, I meant bigger caliber than my current .32. I also mean a gun that is subcompact or compact so that if I ever decide to carry it I wont have any problems concealing it.

I carry a G23 (same frame as a Glock 19). IWB pretty much makes it cake to carry anything you want assuming you wear your shirt a little large. I simply wear an XL t-shirt.

I'm in South FL as well, Ft. Lauderdale area. I'll tell you, shorts, and t-shirt are no problem to carry everything from my Glock 23 to a full size 1911 with two things as part of your carry system.

1) a good gun belt
    2) a good holster

You might just not want to carry something so large, then the Glock 26 is a nice option or a Walther PPS (very slim).
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

High Noon Public Secret Holster in appendix carry with a good quality belt carries a Glock 23 covered by a 5.11 Covert Casual shirt would do you just fine as it works for meat 5'11" 170. Try several combos of gun and holster before you decide otherwise you will end up like a lot of us on this forum with numerous guns and holsters not that that is a bad thing..
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt1988 View Post
    You are right, I need to clarify what I meant. Bigger gun, I meant bigger caliber than my current .32. I also mean a gun that is subcompact or compact so that if I ever decide to carry it I wont have any problems concealing it.
    Alrighty then! Well, anything above .32 would be better for self-defense. Be it the Glock, 26, 36 or even a S&W snub. Frankly, if you're fairly new to handguns I would push you towards the snub. As I've said before, they're easy to learn and hard to forget. At my stage in life I’ve come full-circle and back to revolvers as motor and sensory isn’t what it use to be. Likewise, stress has a profound affect on the mind, and trying to clear a jam is like setting a mousetrap when you’re drunk.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

If you go with a double stack like a Glock you will have to dress around the gun. I personally don't like this as I like to wear clothes that fit. If you go with a single stack like a Kahr you won't have to worry about building your wardrobe around the gun nearly as much. My PT709 in a supertuck with a spare mag hides extremely well in a fitted t-shirt.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I am your same exact size, G26 does great for me, just be conscious of your wardrobe and choose whichever holster suits your needs best and it will disappear on you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links