Holster for the G30sf

Holster for the G30sf

This is a discussion on Holster for the G30sf within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I having a problem finding a good holster for my GLOCK. I'm quite picky on how I want it though. My main feature that I'm ...

Thread: Holster for the G30sf

Holster for the G30sf

I having a problem finding a good holster for my GLOCK.

I'm quite picky on how I want it though.

My main feature that I'm looking for is how low to the top of my pants/shorts the gun rides on me.

I have a chessy holster that rides perfect for me, it has good balance and is easy to "strap on" but is crap in the form of retention and good leather. I can "strap" this holster on as good as slipping it into my pocket.

Here is what I have: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA829-33.html

Notice how slim the holster is? How Low the gun rides in the holster, only the butt of the gun is above the rim of the pants about 2inches How high the clip is? It also easy to conceal while tucking a shirt in....the low rideing is GREAT for anti printing.

This is what I'm looking for, but in a MUCH higher quality.

Suggestions.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Check "The Holster Store" for inexpensive holsters. I have the Pro Carry LT for my Glock 30 and it holds it well. I didn't order it with the forward cant (should have--my oversight), but would with the next one. My G30 sits low on the belt. I think mine was about $30. Another version, the Pro Carry, sits a little higher.
    I also got the sweat guard added. It's too long when you get it, but trim it to fit your pistol and all is well.
    Worth a look.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

When I carried a 30 I carried it in a Southern Holsters's Memphis model. I thought it was comfortable, the belt was key. It should be noted that the Memphis, doesn't have a reinforced mouth, so it isn't very good for training and practice which involves a re-holster. It is IWB also.

Crossbreed, Raven or Galco IWB. I have the Galco Kimg Tuk for my G26 just to try it, but it's good as any of the aforementioned and less $$$$. My son has the Raven and it's great, but more $$$ and a waiting period of approx 3-4 weeks. If you prefer the IWB holsters, check out Hickok 45's channel regarding holsters, especially IWB's, he shows many and the good and bad of each. I have both IWB and OWB and depending what I wear that day and where I'm going, which I put on! Hope that helps, good luck.

I prefer a higher-sitting gun than one too low/close to belt line. I carry my G30sf in a High Noon holster "Bare Asset" High Noon Holsters, Gun Holsters and Concealment Holsters which I like a lot. Good holster, good price, good quality. Check out the site for more holster info than you'll likely ever need!
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    If you are looking for a iwb holster that will put the butt of the Glock on or below the belt try DeSantis..they make holsters with clips so high you will not even be able to grasp the handle with you full hand. You will have to use your fingers to pull it up but boy will you be concealed.....here is one I have for a Glock-26...I use it to hold air..it's worthless as a holster if you need your weapon fast.

desantis.jpg desantis1.jpg (as it would ride on your belt)
    Attached Images
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I'm kind of a Crossbreed fan boy. Lifetime warranty, amazing customer service, and a very durable IWB holster. They are very adjustable for cant and ride height.
    Something witty

Gotta agree with Chief on this one. The Crossbreed is what I've used to carry the Glock 30sf for two years and it's been great. A good belt is key though to keep it in place.j

image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Check "The Holster Store" for inexpensive holsters. I have the Pro Carry LT for my Glock 30 and it holds it well. I didn't order it with the forward cant (should have--my oversight), but would with the next one. My G30 sits low on the belt. I think mine was about $30. Another version, the Pro Carry, sits a little higher.
    I also got the sweat guard added. It's too long when you get it, but trim it to fit your pistol and all is well.
    Th
    Worth a look.
    They are inexpensive but not poor quality. I've bought two for around $50 each and they are both high quality leather holsters. They are each molded for a specific handgun and they fit and retain perfectly.

Sponsored Links