Defensive Carry banner

4"S&W K frame and 4"S&W N frame revolvers

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  puffer 
#1 ·
Looking for a way to carry these during the summer off body. No, not at the same time. I tried a maxpedition once, can't remember which one but the K frame wouldn't fit.

#8 ·
Not sure on the "N" frame. Check with WTP directly, they are Great ro work with.

As to the "K" frame, I carry my S&W 4" 66 quite often when driving etc., in a "Safepacker". I really like it. This one also holds my 1911, I have a smaller one for my SP101 2 1/4"

BTW, unlike "fanny packs' etc. it does not "scream GUN"

Puffer

#9 ·
Indeed, a Safepacker does not broadcast that one is carrying a firearm. I have carried mine right past security guards, into places that don't allow firearms, which is my case is legal, as I carry under peace officer standards, not the CHL rules. I have carried in-hand, on a wrist strap, on a shoulder strap, and on the belt. The belt-carry position/mode is more likely to cause a second glance, but I reckon the Safepacker looks like something holding an electronic gadget, that even belt carry causes no stir.

As I usually do when discussing off-body carry, I should add the disclaimer that I believe in having another weapon ON one's person when using off-body carry, whenever practicable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.