First time CCWer looking for a holster

This is a discussion on First time CCWer looking for a holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to handguns as well as concealed carry. My permit came through this morning and I am looking for an ideal concealed holster. ...

Thread: First time CCWer looking for a holster

I am new to handguns as well as concealed carry. My permit came through this morning and I am looking for an ideal concealed holster. Tuckability is important to me and would like a holster that allows me to tuck in a shirt even with the holster on my hip.

As a long time lurker on this forum I notice many like the crossbreed supertuck. I went to their website and saw the qwikclip as well which also allows tucking in of one's shirt.

Does anyone have any experience with the qwikclip? Any other Tuckable holsters you guys would recommend?

I carry a Glock 19

For IWB tuckable, I use the MTAC. I have a Kimber 1911 Ultra (3.25"), GSR Sig 1911 4" (doesn't fit as well) and a P229 40S&W. Most of the time I use a carryloc by Bianchi. It's an OWB retention holster.

I carry a G23 (same size as your G19). I have both the CTAC and MTAC from Comp-Tac. Both are tuckable IWB holsters. I Love 'em both and utilize them exactly as you discribed in you critira for a holster.

Inside Waistband Holsters -

Comp-Tac is a great company to do business with and they have a very fast turn-around time.

Also, Welcome Aboard!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Free holster shopping, you only pay if you buy, it costs nothing to look.
    I have dozens of holsters from Fist... HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome to the forum! I carry a GLOCK 19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck all day every day. The holster is comfortable and I conceal just fine, however I do not tuck in my shirts, so I'm not sure how it conceals tucked for me.

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Ilike the fit and finish of the MTAC much better than the Supertuck. Plus if you get a new gun down the road, just buy a new body. I carry a G23 in a HBE Com III. Love it but it is not tuckable.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    While you were lurking in the shadows, you may know there is no ‘ideal’ holster. Even the most popular models collide with individual taste, comfort, body type, wardrobe and life style. As of 0700 hours, I have four different style holsters for my nimble j-frame snub. It’s not that I hate some and wear one, rather, it’s that holsters are like wardrobe for my gun e.g. attire, activity level, season, and so on. I would start out with a generic type that allows for return if you don’t like it.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    Crossbreed Quikclip - don't one one, but I have a friend who does. He uses it for a KelTec 9mm. He likes it, but has said that his HKp2000 might be too much for it. For a G19 I'd go for the Supertuck. It is very fast to slip on and will easily support the weight, provided a decent belt is involved.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I was in the same boat. New to concealed carry, not handguns. I too needed something to carry my Glock 19. I will probably rarely (if ever) need to tuck my shirt though. Comp-Tac's MTAC and CTAC were a consideration. I ended up going with the CrossBreed Super Tuck Deluxe because the others were not offered in horeshide. I have only wore it for a couple of days now but it is as comfortable and concealed (untucked shirt as I mentioned) as you'll get with that gun! Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

I particularly like the Galco SkyOps holster for my tuckable IWB with my G23. Well, okay.....I love it! The High Noon Hidden Alley comes in a close second, and maybe more comfortable depending on where I wear it. I recommend either for your G19 tuckable.

Links