How do you know when you have TOO MANY holsters?

This is a discussion on How do you know when you have TOO MANY holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How do you know when you have TOO MANY holsters? When I open the drawer and realize there's one I won't use anymore. I tend ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you know when you have TOO MANY holsters?

How do you know when you have TOO MANY holsters?
    When I open the drawer and realize there's one I won't use anymore. I tend to keep things simple, and I've learned not to expect too much. Most of the holsters I have purchased new or used are still with me to this day. Maybe I've just had good luck choosing holsters that fit me and the ways I like to carry (that comes with time and experience mainly). Those that didn't work after many attempts I no longer own. Right now, I have enough holsters to cover any aspect I have for CC for any pistol I own (and they do all get carried at one time or another). A holster I won't use translates into dollars, and those dollars are better spent on range ammo, or gasoline to get there.

2. Remove Ads

House rules state: A minimum of three holsters per firearm.......more is highly recommended!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My wife said I had too many holsters so being a good husband I took an inventory to see what I didn't use that much and what didn't look so good anymore and was out of shape. And got rid what I could. And I really don't miss her either.

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrinblujns View Post
    My wife said I had too many holsters so being a good husband I took an inventory to see what I didn't use that much and what didn't look so good anymore and was out of shape. And got rid what I could. And I really don't miss her either.
    Haha, actually made me chuckle!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    Haha, actually made me chuckle!
    Hope so cause it sure is not a true story

I ony have one for the pocket gun...oh and the one for the other pocket gun....oh and for the G26...and the PPS and the....uh oh....admitting your problem is the first step, glad I dont have a problem!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Too Many or Not Enough?

I have 10 handguns, 12 holsters. I'm goin shopping today to satisfy the 3 to 1 formula!!

I have mulitple holsters....for each gun, but each one is different and carries and serves my CCW du jour in a different manner than its counterparts. Who here has more than one philips or flathead screwdriver? Just need the right tool for the job when the job is at hand.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

You can never have too many holsters.

I even have some spare holsters, of my favorite holsters, tucked away just in case.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    easy solution...buy more guns to fill the holsters.

I have a bunch, garage sale in the works for the ones I know I won't use.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I bought so many, loved so many different styles, I thought it was better that I start making them myself! Just wait some of you will get there too! It's a great hobby!

Rob
    BiancheriUSA.com

I don't have nearly enough. For my J-frame, I have one IWB and one OWB that I use all the time, and a paddle that I haven't decided is useful yet (bought it, used it once, hated it, still working on it). I have one duty holster for my 3913LS. I've got a couple of duty holsters for my K-frame. And of course, there are a few cheapie holsters I use for transporting to the range (can't have all the 'kids' crashing around unprotected in the range bag, after all ).

Being a short-bodied, left-handed female, useful holsters just aren't easy to find. When I find a style/type that works, I try to buy one for every gun I own.

I know I do not have enough, but I have two in the mail that should be here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter380 View Post
    I know I do not have enough, but I have two in the mail that should be here soon.
    Ditto, except I have 2 in the mail, another being made, and I'm buying one from a store in person tomorrow.

The sickness is spreading...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links