G 27 Holster

This is a discussion on G 27 Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I'm in need of a holster for a Glock 27. I've not been a fan of IWB yet but may rethink IWB if I ...

Thread: G 27 Holster

G 27 Holster

Hi,

I'm in need of a holster for a Glock 27. I've not been a fan of IWB yet but may rethink IWB if I can find a holster that fits inside my 505s.

My idea for now is to carry in a paddle holster OWB at 3-4 o’clock and wear a shirt over the rig.

I wear j501 or 505 jeans most of the time and am about 10 lbs over what I should be. and all of it is in the gut.

Thanks for any feedback.

I've also got posted pretty much the same ? in another thread.
    K.Paul
    Semper Fi

2. Remove Ads

Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kpaul View Post
    Hi,

I'm in need of a holster for a Glock 27. I've not been a fan of IWB yet but may rethink IWB if I can find a holster that fits inside my 505s.

My idea for now is to carry in a paddle holster OWB at 3-4 o’clock and wear a shirt over the rig.

I wear j501 or 505 jeans most of the time and am about 10 lbs over what I should be. and all of it is in the gut.

Thanks for any feedback.

I've also got posted pretty much the same ? in another thread.
    Dear kpaul....feedback is always here. Carrying the G27 makes you feel at home? Good! I've set my G23 aside for a while since I've been testing a new holster on the market, and I'm part of the R&D on it specifically for the Glock sub-compact pistols, and I've been carrying my G27 again appendix for about three weeks now. My current holster has been modified to my specs due to my input and testing via the manufacturer. IMO, this is a do everything, go anywhere simple holster that might change the way most of us look at holsters. I'd be more than happy to send you my original sample holster to try before the manufacturer made modifications upon my requested specifications for the G27. Just let me know if you're interested. This holster is simple and effective IMO. It's just about changed my way of thinking of holsters kind of like the way Gunzilla changed my way of thinking about firearms cleaning and preservation. PM me anytime and we'll work out the details.

I know you are not a fan of IWB but this is what I prefer to carry my Glock 27 in when I'm not using my Smartcarry. Crossbreed supertuck. I wear jeans almost everyday myself and I forget the holster is even there.

I use a High Noon Public Secret and the Rock Steady belt for my Glock 23. It is an IWB but looking at the High Noon product line will be well worth your time.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

+ 1 on the SuperTuck recommendation. I was told I would probably have to increase my jean size by 1 to fit the CrossBreed holster with a Glock 19 but I am able to use the same jeans I wore before IWB carry with no problem. This is probably one of the most comfortable IWB rigs you could try and Mark (at CrossBreed) will let you try it for 2 weeks. Return it if you don't like it. No questions asked. About a one month wait for it though. But worth it IMO.

VIP Member
    I had a Milt Sparks when I had a 27... worked great!

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Here's a K&D Dakota Defender IWB that I'm selling if you want it. It's brand new bought it for 97 bucks.
    Attached Images
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Just got one of these for my 26/27.
    I like it. Good fit and workmanship

Lobo Gun Leather - ENHANCED PANCAKE STYLE HOLSTER, NEW FOR 2010!

I am waiting on my Texas IWB from Adam's Holsters, have heard great things about all of his products. i use a cheap($10) nylon IWB holster too.
    Glock 19, Trijicon Night Sights, Hogue Slip on Grip & 124gr Gold-Dots
    With an Adam's Holster Texas IWB Holster (Cowhide w/ Ostrich Trim)

the comp-tac mtac is a no-brainer for you. i know a lot of folks here like the supertuck but the mtac is far superior when you look at the construction and flexibility of the mtac.

go with the mtac, you won't be disappointed.

How much are you looking to spend, and how long are you willing to wait?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by spar10 View Post
    the comp-tac mtac is a no-brainer for you. i know a lot of folks here like the supertuck but ....
    CrossBreed has lifetime warranty and you can try it out for two weeks and return for a FULL (no 20% re-stocking fee) refund if you don't like it. Just something to consider IMHO. Sure the MTAC is prettier I know, but nobody sees that inside my waistband.

The hybrid IWB holsters are a winner. I have an MTAC for my G26 and love it to death. I dont think you can go wrong with a supertuck either. It is comfortable all day either walking, sitting, or driving the car.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Links