Deep Concealment Summer Holster - Page 2

Deep Concealment Summer Holster

This is a discussion on Deep Concealment Summer Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I used to have a Kahr PM9. I hated it! However, I am looking at the Judge PD. Use 5 rounds of 000 buckshot and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deep Concealment Summer Holster

I used to have a Kahr PM9. I hated it! However, I am looking at the Judge PD. Use 5 rounds of 000 buckshot and go to the Sig if I have to.

With the Trump Card, the gun slides into a neoprene backed pouch from the top. I would consider this a holster to ensure you always have a gun. Not a quick draw. I also got this as a jogging holster. I haven't run with it yet, but I will let you know how it goes.

Well, I almost hate to break in on this, but here's my take if you like constructive criticism, and I welcome myself to the same any time for the balance. It is definitely deep conceal on the armpit rig. I wouldn't call it a shoulder rig by any definition at all. It just doesn't meet those requirements. Maybe a chest rig? It does conceal well. Thing is...how deep do you want to go? There's deep, and then there's deeper. There's wearing a holster with a weapon, and then there's being able to deploy it effectively in a timely manner. Sacrifice deployment for concealment, and you may be kidding yourself. You've got to be able to put it into play with minimal effort. As a backup rig, I still don't think it would be a good deal...you may end up dying with that pistol well concealed so your heirs will be able to have it after your demise. In that case, the rig and pistol might best be worn over the heart. I understand what you're trying to do, and I understand your apparent dress dilemma or what it appears to be. In my honest opinion, you might be better off thinking about appendix carry especially with a button up shirt and all. As a security guard, I imagine you are walking most of the time compared to sitting. Don't take this the wrong way, my constructive criticism includes you surviving any encounter where your life hangs in the balance. Personally that holster is way too deep for me. So deep it almost tells me six feet under deep. I'm giving you my best as best I know how. Surviving is a serious business, and concealing is another.
    By the way......nice pistol for carry! If you're looking for an alternative to the SmartCarry or Thunderwear for appendix carry, just ask. I think I've found something.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    ...If you're looking for an alternative to the SmartCarry or Thunderwear for appendix carry, just ask. I think I've found something.
    I'm interested in what you've found in the SmartCarry/Thunderwear department.

Um... I mean, like, you know, holsters.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

After learning the law of carrying on private property, this holster will be my jogging holster worn around the waist. Similar to the SmartCarry, but won't rub my thighs.

Thanks for the input. I realize that the better the concealement more difficult and time consuming it is to draw. Thanks again to all.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Exclamation

Being Chief of Security myself at a Hotel, I don't have the luxury of hiding that you do, but...

Two things that don't go well together (in my mind at least):

1. Security
    2. Deep Concealment

Security is a necessarily nasty job. No, it doesn't happen every shift (or very often in my case), but stupid and silly does occur, and when it does, seconds count. As much as I appreciate Superman, I have no desire to rip my shirts, search and delve for my defensive firearm, and attempt to bring it to bear on an intended and determined attacker.

I tried the SmartCarry for a week, and while it certainly had advantages in concealment, it was problematic in the case of presentation, which is the ultimate "acid test" of what I wear to work. Many on this forum (and elsewhere) would heavily advise you to practice draws (unloaded, with ammo in a different state) with a new holster to establish muscle memory and safe handling habits, right? Can you do so with that rig? I question the ability, to say the least. If your job is anything like mine in pay, you can't afford an endless supply of shirts...

The SmartCarry didn't work for me because I have to wear a "homemade bat-belt" of stuff for my daily duties that interferes with the draw from my pants. I wear a nice suit to work, and I necessarily can't do the whole "tactical vest" thing that some others can get away with. It may work better for you, I don't know.

My ideal choice became what I started out with:

Tucked IWB.

I can access the weapon very quickly, and I have stood right next to prior Secret Service, professional bodyguards, and other assorted personal security personnel WITHOUT EVER BEING "MADE".

I even held the door for Mrs. Sarah Palin and her baby while carrying a loaded G30 with no problems from her staff (of prior Secret Service).

Don't take any chances with your life or your family's security (of which you are a huge part) by selling yourself short due to the fear of discovery.

I have long since decided that I would rather be fired or face legal action for protecting myself than sacrifice my safety and the stability of my family.

This is only an opinion. Take it for what it's worth, and since you didn't pay me, well...

Good luck, and be safe!

That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

just ordered mine. not my first choice of carry. but it's always nice to have option. church carry maybe.....we'll see.
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

VIP Member
    I have and I occasionally use my ‘Thunderwear’ although I agree that it can get sweaty on warmer days or extended use. There are better options but for specific attire like’ attending a meeting with a shirt/tie/slacks; it works very well. As for an all-day event, I won’t do it ever again.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, I almost hate to break in on this, but here's my take if you like constructive criticism, and I welcome myself to the same any time for the balance. It is definitely deep conceal on the armpit rig. I wouldn't call it a shoulder rig by any definition at all. It just doesn't meet those requirements. Maybe a chest rig? It does conceal well. Thing is...how deep do you want to go? There's deep, and then there's deeper. There's wearing a holster with a weapon, and then there's being able to deploy it effectively in a timely manner. Sacrifice deployment for concealment, and you may be kidding yourself. You've got to be able to put it into play with minimal effort. As a backup rig, I still don't think it would be a good deal...you may end up dying with that pistol well concealed so your heirs will be able to have it after your demise. In that case, the rig and pistol might best be worn over the heart. I understand what you're trying to do, and I understand your apparent dress dilemma or what it appears to be. In my honest opinion, you might be better off thinking about appendix carry especially with a button up shirt and all. As a security guard, I imagine you are walking most of the time compared to sitting. Don't take this the wrong way, my constructive criticism includes you surviving any encounter where your life hangs in the balance. Personally that holster is way too deep for me. So deep it almost tells me six feet under deep. I'm giving you my best as best I know how. Surviving is a serious business, and concealing is another.
    By the way......nice pistol for carry! If you're looking for an alternative to the SmartCarry or Thunderwear for appendix carry, just ask. I think I've found something.
    Please tell, what did you find? I really need something good for deep concealment .
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonk View Post
    Being Chief of Security myself at a Hotel, I don't have the luxury of hiding that you do, but...

Two things that don't go well together (in my mind at least):

1. Security
    2. Deep Concealment

Security is a necessarily nasty job. No, it doesn't happen every shift (or very often in my case), but stupid and silly does occur, and when it does, seconds count. As much as I appreciate Superman, I have no desire to rip my shirts, search and delve for my defensive firearm, and attempt to bring it to bear on an intended and determined attacker.

I tried the SmartCarry for a week, and while it certainly had advantages in concealment, it was problematic in the case of presentation, which is the ultimate "acid test" of what I wear to work. Many on this forum (and elsewhere) would heavily advise you to practice draws (unloaded, with ammo in a different state) with a new holster to establish muscle memory and safe handling habits, right? Can you do so with that rig? I question the ability, to say the least. If your job is anything like mine in pay, you can't afford an endless supply of shirts...

The SmartCarry didn't work for me because I have to wear a "homemade bat-belt" of stuff for my daily duties that interferes with the draw from my pants. I wear a nice suit to work, and I necessarily can't do the whole "tactical vest" thing that some others can get away with. It may work better for you, I don't know.

My ideal choice became what I started out with:

Tucked IWB.

I can access the weapon very quickly, and I have stood right next to prior Secret Service, professional bodyguards, and other assorted personal security personnel WITHOUT EVER BEING "MADE".

I even held the door for Mrs. Sarah Palin and her baby while carrying a loaded G30 with no problems from her staff (of prior Secret Service).

Don't take any chances with your life or your family's security (of which you are a huge part) by selling yourself short due to the fear of discovery.

I have long since decided that I would rather be fired or face legal action for protecting myself than sacrifice my safety and the stability of my family.

This is only an opinion. Take it for what it's worth, and since you didn't pay me, well...

Good luck, and be safe!

^^^ Yeah, that.

For deep concealment I use the High Noon Split Decision, but if your carry gun is thick you may wand a dual-clip design to maybe spread out the bulge. The CrossBreed Super Tuck seems well liked around these parts, and the MTAC is similar in design. If you want just leather, the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro has also been highly recommended, though it is pricey.*

*Disclaimer: The only holster I've had personal experience with is the HN Split Decision carrying my Walther PPK/S. That holster I highly recommend!
    Current armament:
    Ruger 10/22
    Remington 870 Express 20ga.
    S&W M&P40c
    S&W 642

This very similar to the Kagaroo Rig Kangaroo Concealed Carry I use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links