Deep Concealment Summer Holster

This is a discussion on Deep Concealment Summer Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been experimenting with different types of holsters that I can use while I am at work. I am a security guard over night ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Concealment Summer Holster

Deep Concealment Summer Holster

I have been experimenting with different types of holsters that I can use while I am at work. I am a security guard over night and as the weather is beginning to warm up I can't use my Serpa holster covered by a jacket. Lately, I have been using a Galco Tuck N Go IWB to hold my Sig Sauer P250 SC. It really isn't very comfortable and also prints badly. I recieved my new holster to try today. I bought a Pistol Wear Trump Card shoulder holster. I liked the idea of the holster as it can be worn as a shoulder or waist carry and it is sweat proof.

Hear it is with my Sig P250.

This is how close it stays to the body.

And it is totally concealable with my work uniform.

I have been wearing it around the house for the past few hours and it is very comfortable. I also plan on using it during my daily runs. It seems to stay in place. I would definitely recommend this to people who have to wear business clothes. Sits nicely.

2. Remove Ads

los
    Hello, Adam..and Welcome to the Forum.

I've never seen or heard of this rig before. Looks very interesting, for sure.

Is the weapon secured within the panel or does it just maintain it's position by obtainig a snug fit to the body?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Interesting. I've been using a 5.11 holster shirt, but it's going to be impossible to wear during the summer. What you've got there might be the ticket.

Could you provide a link for some more info?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

It actually slides into a pouch where you see the black neoprene. It isn't the fastest draw, but allows me to carry my weapon and have access to it faster than having to leave it in the car. Nobody usually sees me at night unless I want them to. Here is their website Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns

los
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    ...It actually slides into a pouch where you see the black neoprene.
    Ahh..., I see, said the blind man. ..

Nice. I like it.

Have you looked into the Smartcarry? It'll give you quicker access to the weapon, if needed.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I was thinking of one of those concealment undershirts, but they are very expensive to have more than 2. This was less than $40 shipped.

VIP Member
    I watched the video and I laughed when I saw the guy jogging. I have the same old ratty Army T-shirt and similar baggy-ass shorts. Anyway, it’s interesting just the same, albeit a slightly different approach to the SmartCarry/Thunderwear.

As for the shoulder rig, I’m wondering how that will bode during a daily carry. Please let us know if you have to constantly adjust for the weight of a loaded gun. BTW: The guy on the bike whom demonstrated pulling the gun out; sure looked to be light on his fingers. It didn't appear to be weighted down. Maybe it was actually unloaded. Anyway, if you like it and give it a thumbs up, then perhaps I'll have to give it a try.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Ahh..., I see, said the blind man. ..

Nice. I like it.

Have you looked into the Smartcarry? It'll give you quicker access to the weapon, if needed.
    I actually have a Thunderwear holster. Similar to SmartCarry and I don't like it. It makes me sweat a lot in the crotch and it rubs the inside of my thighs. I absolutely hate it. So far this Trump Card is comfortable and stays in place. As with all holsters, after some practice, I am sure I will get the draw easier and faster.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    It definitely seems to get the job done.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I tried a similar approach using a Kramer t-shirt holster in business attire. The draw is very slow. And - I got made by a friend's hug.

The Smartcarry has a sweat-shield that the Thunderwear lacks. I find that shifting the Smartcarry to the 11 o'clock position increases comfort dramatically. The draw is much faster than under the arm, under your clothes.

You may wish to try shifting the Thunderwear, and if that is more comfortable, try a Smartcarry. Sweat was never an issue for me, even in the Summer and doing A LOT of walking outdoors. Charlie will refund your money if you don't like it.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

How about pocket carry & a Kahr PM9?

Uniform pants and belt should handle it fine. Much faster draw... You can even rest your hand on the pistol if needed.

If you do stay with this I would consider modifying your work shirts to allow easier access. Velcro?

Stay safe,

R
    Hooah! It's an Army thing!

topsblades@gmail.com

I bought an Ultra Carry soft shoulder holster to use when lounging about the house. It is OK for what it does but I wouldn't want to carry it doing a lot of walking. The gun weight and foot jarring tends to make it sag a bit. But it's great when company comes over or just watching TV.

wow. its like a smart carry shoulder rig. interesting. glad it works well for you!
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Adam Sean, please tell me more about your holster. I'm looking for just what you have. Not sure how the gun is secured? Does it just go into a larger pocket or is their some sort of holster that keeps it in alignment? Does the gun come out of the top of the pocket or can you access from the side/front. Finally how difficult and time comsuming is a draw from the rig. I know concealed shoulder holsters are not the fastest option but all in all for deep conceal it looks pretty darn good. Thanks for the information.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

I got one of PistolWear's other rigs (PT-2) for when I run, so I can carry the G33. I haven't really had a chance to test it, too paranoid it'd bounce around. I'll test it, I swear.

Interesting fact: It turned out that PistolWear is around the corner from my apartment. So I paid for shipping for something when I could've walked to their place and picked it up. I don't know if they have a storefront, but... on the plus side it came like next day.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links