Defensive Carry banner

just got my beltman belt

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  steelecho 
#1 ·
can't say enough good things about it.....i got one of the stocking models. man this is the best belt i've ever owned,fits totally perfect. i'll post pics of it and my new stronghold phoenix when it arrives.....can't wait to carry with the new combo!

#6 ·
That brings up a related thing that happened to me today.

For reasons you are just going to have to accept, my roomate needed to borrow a pair of my pants today because for some reason she did not have proper shooting range attire. (She is a parole officer and they are qualifying today)

She grabs my pants and since she is tall the length is fine but the waist is loose. She says she needs to borrow a belt of mine too. She grabs the first one she sees and says she would take that one.

I say, "No, take my black one, the brown one is my baby."

The black one is decent quality Levi's belt but the Brown one is my reinforced bullhide Belt Man and there is no way I am going to be deprived of that belt for anylength of time by anyone ever. It is hard carrying a Hi Power without it.

#8 ·
well i ordered one of the plain in stock black belts.got in in just about three days....so no long wait. the plain belt looked just fine,looks even better in person! once the holster arrives i promise i'll post pics! i'm excited it's just a great piece of craftsmanship,i highly recommend it....a definite necessity. :danceban:

#13 ·
Pictures as promised.....the holster is the nicest i've ever handled,and i've checked out some nice ones from the big names. Its pretty hot here in Texas so it was real warm in the package when it arrived a couple of hours ago. Doesn't seem like it will take too long to break in,I've been drawing from it since i opened it and it's getting easier.
If you're looking for a holster without a month to six month wait then pick one of these up,and Tim is a great guy to deal with.

#14 ·
I've got two Beltman belts and they are the best. Just be sure to keep an eye on the Chicago screws. I have have had them work loose a few times.

#16 · (Edited)
His belts are unquestionably the toughest belts around. In fact, at least one manufacture states that his holsters won’t fit with exceptionally thick belts. Ok, it’s actually more specific than that, but still... Unfortunately, it’s for this same reason I don’t use one for its intended purpose. Thing is, some of the finer holsters I’ve own became overly stretched by iron pipe designs.

When I receive a quality belt slide holster I start out with a 'finer' department store dress belt. After all, they are thinner and thereby reduce the outward projection from the hip. They also provide a longer (tighter) life span of the holster belt loops. Ok, I know what you’re thinking; too thin equals zero stability. That’s entirely dependent on the belt you purchase. Some ‘Kenneth Cole’ styles (or similar) are plenty sturdy without the ‘gun belt’ designation. Anyway, as the holster takes form (naturally), I may move up to a thicker belt in a step-wise approach. Why do I bother with this seemingly anal method? I’ve ruined a couple expensive holsters by wrenching them with brut force or leather potions.

Now, I absolutely love his belts and I ordered one in ‘Elephant’ hide. However, I will wear it as a stand-alone work of art and personal vanity. If it gets me more dates, then I’ll order another one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.