Galco 'Stow n' go" IWB holster for my J-frame?

This is a discussion on Galco 'Stow n' go" IWB holster for my J-frame? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone here have any experience with this Galco IWB holster for a J-frame or any other gun good or bad?...

Thread: Galco 'Stow n' go" IWB holster for my J-frame?

Anyone here have any experience with this Galco IWB holster for a J-frame or any other gun good or bad?
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

CMR
    I had one for about 24hrs for my J-Frame. I returned it because I didn't like it. I replaced it with a Don Hume Snap On IWB and am very pleased with it.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

I have one for my J-frame, and it works well as an inexpensive option. It is soft and light. It collapses though, which bothers a lot of people. I don't care because I assume that re-holstering is the least of my concerns if I have to pull it...
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

JD
    Administrator
    I like/own/use a lot of Galco's products, but as far as tuckable IWBs are concerned, I'd rate the Stow&Go as sub standard, it's not that very well made, the leather is paper thin, and the construction doesn't seem near as sturdy as their other products.

Stow n Go isn't a tuckable...

It's a cheap holster, it used to be the grab n go for my little Glock. I don't often carry it though, since it has no cant. Spend $20 more and get the Summer Comfort. It has belt snaps, a forward cant, the leather is of better quality.
    Knowing is half the battle.

I have a Galco Royal Guard (RG) '158' IWB for my S&W 649. It is a great holster. Excellent quality, horsehide, reinforced to prevent collapsing, very secure, very clean draw and reholstering, adjustible belt snap loops. You can't go wrong.

I have one for the Glock and my 357 snubbies. For the price it's a very good value. Sure there's a lot of superior holsters like ones by Safariland, Crossdraw, MTAC but those are 4 times more expensive. It's not perfect but it is useful. I find it more comfortable for the 357s versus the Glocks in the appendix or 3:30 positions.

It is my first concealed holster and it's ok. I have not had problems. The plastic clip is good but it is questionable in durability.

The leather has not been an issue for me. The suede is actually comfortable. The mouth of the holster is reinforce with metal so it retains shape but it is challenging to reholster.

Since it only hangs vertically it is not as comfortable of as easy to draw. It is a few notches above the clip draw but I feel there are better options.

VIP Member
    The one I had was Ok for what it is. The clip sticks out more than other styles so that was my main dislike. Overall, I'm no longer a Galco fan, so I gave it away when I sold a gun earlier this year. I have since ordered the Alessi ‘Deep Concealment’ and a Desbiens ‘IWB #6’. These two styles have slimmer type clips that are off-set from the gun frame, thereby reducing the bulge that's typical with many clip holsters.

The bottom line: If you need something that's quick and dirty, it will do until you're preferred option arrives.
    * My preferred holster maker is Milt Sparks albeit fair price, excellent fit and nice folks!
    Last edited by Saber; May 12th, 2010 at 03:00 PM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I've been trying to decide whether to order a Stow-N-Go for my Springfield EMP 9mm while I decide if I'm going to keep the gun or use it for trade.

I'm a holster guy (Kramer, Sparks, Blade-Tech, FIST etc...), and normally would never think of getting a holster like this one, but the price $24 from LA Police Gear is pretty cheap for a limited use holster like this.

After readying the reviews, I will probably pass.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    * My preferred holster maker is Milt Sparks albeit fair price, excellent fit and nice folks!
    my favorite holster is a Milt Sparks knockOff.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Sponsored Links