My pants keep falling down - Page 3

My pants keep falling down

This is a discussion on My pants keep falling down within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Brent1202 lol... sounds real comfortable. suspenders are out of the question. just can't do it. i'd say its the belt. maybe i'll ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My pants keep falling down

Quote Originally Posted by Brent1202 View Post
    lol... sounds real comfortable. suspenders are out of the question. just can't do it. i'd say its the belt. maybe i'll try a couple different belts when i get home to see if it helps.
    You may want to at least look into suspenders. I wear them with a belt under a shirt worn outside and they are invisible. I haven't seen tuckable belt thingy's for suspenders but somebody should make them.

As for "the belt", I am the wrong side of 65 and have no butt or hips but carry a retiree gut. For many years starting in my 40's, I needed suspenders, but my wife was dead set against them so I went along. I had my pants hitched so tight it hurt and every time I stood up I did "the dance" to get my pants up and tuck in my shirt tail.

When I began CCW there simply was no choice so I went out and bought suspenders. What a difference they make. All this story to say try suspenders before finalizing.

I got a pneumatic staple gun just in case
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    You may want to at least look into suspenders. I wear them with a belt under a shirt worn outside and they are invisible. I haven't seen tuckable belt thingy's for suspenders but somebody should make them.

As for "the belt", I am the wrong side of 65 and have no butt or hips but carry a retiree gut. When I began CCW there simply was no choice so I went out and bought suspenders. What a difference they make. All this story to say try suspenders before finalizing.
    Sounds like my story. I purchased Perry suspenders and now the problem doesn't exist.

Dicky also sells the same type of suspenders

As for "the belt", I am the wrong side of 65 and have no butt or hips but carry a retiree gut. For many years starting in my 40's, I needed suspenders, but my wife was dead set against them so I went along. I had my pants hitched so tight it hurt and every time I stood up I did "the dance" to get my pants up and tuck in my shirt tail.

When I began CCW there simply was no choice so I went out and bought suspenders. What a difference they make. All this story to say try suspenders before finalizing.
    +1! I carry an SP101, in pocket, iwb and owb. No pants droop since I got the Perry's. BTW, they sell them at Walmart under the Dickie's name. Same suspender. A side benefit is that the suspenders allow you to loosen up on the belt. I use a Spec-ops instructor type belt with a nylon buckle since I'm a frequent flyer and it is great!

I'm not quite as old as oldlincoln but am built the same. I look pretty good straight on, no hips, no luv handles but turn me sideways ...ooops! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by whisky19 View Post
    I'm not quite as old as oldlincoln but am built the same. I look pretty good straight on, no hips, no luv handles but turn me sideways ...ooops! LOL.
    Damn, wisky19, Your avatar sure doesn't look like you describe! Are you just funnin me?

Just go get a good CC gun I love my wilderness belt..you can get it cinched up just right as it does not have holes like a leather belt. I love mine..I often just wear it for a regular belt even when im not carrying like right now as I type this :) . Not carrying im in my house just cooling down from mowing the lawn..but ive got the belt on :). And im pretty skinny 5'10" 155.

My remedy.....

I am in a similar situation.....

I have been blessed and cursed with a small waist...30" at 190lbs....yeah, I have to wear 34" pants so I can have some room in the thighs and seat....

I just added a IWB BUG...the weight was distributed evenly and my pants stayed up....

Damn, wisky19, Your avatar sure doesn't look like you describe! Are you just funnin me?
    lol. Just think of my avatar as "noseart" from a plane!

XsYang, many thanks for the response. Yes, I see now the rubber post things that should help to keep your pants in position with relation to your shirt.
    Think I will try one.

I also can recommend Perry suspenders. They work well with heavy guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
    XsYang, many thanks for the response. Yes, I see now the rubber post things that should help to keep your pants in position with relation to your shirt.
    Think I will try one.

I also can recommend Perry suspenders. They work well with heavy guns.
    Sure thing! The belt helps keep the pants up while a knife, a big gun, a little gun, a wallet (I wish the wallet was the main reason the pants were falling down), a cell phone, a spare magazine, keys and a gut (probably the main reason) tries to bring the pants to the ground.

Before I got the belt I think I started the trend where everyone walks around with their pants falling down!

I just have to do it :

YouTube - Six 8 - Pull Your Pants Up!

Actually has a positive message .... not negative.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Eat more donuts and Ice cream and quit drinking lite beer
    Or, as in my case, STOP eating donuts, ice cream and drinking beer! If my britches slip down under my gut they'll go all the way to the floor!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links