Hoping to help those with Supertuck Issues

This is a discussion on Hoping to help those with Supertuck Issues within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did this a few weeks ago, and posted it on other forums, but it seems like every time I login to check DC someone ...

I did this a few weeks ago, and posted it on other forums, but it seems like every time I login to check DC someone is having issues with their Supertuck. So here is what I did to adjust mine to fit correctly, and to clear a little of the kydex from the trigger guard area and to clear my Crimson Trace grips.

The rest is copied from the other forum

So, Ive been playing around with the clip positioning and cant on my Supertuck, and I never got it to fit the way I wanted to. So, after looking at it, I had a Eureka moment....and for the Supertuck to work the way I want it to, it needed more forward cant. About 15 min later and two extra holes, the cant is perfect, the pistol disappears, and it is SUPER COMFORTABLE!!

When I got my CT grips, I did a "semi-combat cut", which meant trimming the Kydex to clear the laser and to expose a little more of the pistol around the grip...I basically looked at a pic of the combat cut Supertucks and followed the pattern, and took a little more off. This was relatively simply done with a pair of tin shears and fine rat tail file, then cleaned it up with some 500 grit wet sand paper, a little water and dawn dishwashing liquid. (Auto body work trick).

So, without further adieu...here are the pics. Sorry for the grainy cell phone pics. If someone needs a detailed pic, just ask!! I'll dig out the camera.

Enjoy.

lets see you hide that with a tucked in shirt? people keep saying they are doing it and i can't for the life of me figure out how. I have no trouble with the untucked shirt personally. Have you ever tried tucking the shirt in?
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    lets see you hide that with a tucked in shirt? people keep saying they are doing it and i can't for the life of me figure out how. I have no trouble with the untucked shirt personally. Have you ever tried tucking the shirt in?
    you have to blouse your shirt,after tucking your shirt in pull just enough out so it kinda billows around the waist
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    I dont carry the XD when I need to tuck in. I have a SW 642 that goes in the front pocket or in a Supertuck. I can easily hide the 642 tucked in, but I havent successfully done it with the XD. (I think I have too much gut. )

I just wanted to share the pics so maybe some of the people who cant get the ST to fit right can see how to increase the cant to help hide their pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    you have to blouse your shirt,after tucking your shirt in pull just enough out so it kinda billows around the waist
    tried that with a shirt that was extra extra big on me. Had it pulled out so far it looked terrible and could still see the handle of my p2000sk. One wrong move and that loose material ain't covering anything. I'd like to see people concealing with a supertuck with the shirt tucked in post some pictures.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

Blownsvt [I have a Procharger Blown Camaro SS :)] I really think that the ability to tuck around the supertuck has alot to do with body type, pants size, shirt size, and the size of the pistol.

Obviously someone who is skinny like a beanpole to thin wearing pants with about 2'' of extra room trying to conceal a single stack auto or j-frame will have an easier time than someone like me. I have some gut, and I carry an
    XD40SC, your P2000sk is a double stack like the XD (correct me if Im wrong) and the added width in the grip may make it very difficult to tuck in and not print.

Thats cool. I'm a car junkie. I have a turbo swapped 03 cobra.

I am currently about 6' tall 210 lbs. the p2000 is a single stack 9 rd mag. very similar in size to an xdsc from what i have seen. I'd really like to see some pics from the people saying they can conceal that way. I certainly can't.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

I've tucked my shirt in when carrying the M11/P228 (I have to until my SuperTuck for the G23 comes in). Bending is an issue, but not enough anyone would notice (I look I'm protecting my back... I just say I used to work in a warehouse, which I did).
    Knowing is half the battle.

Links