Defensive Carry banner

Glock 23/27: Galco Summer Comfort

8K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  CDRGlock 
#1 ·
I have been using a Galco Stow and Go but given the vertical orientation, it has not been comfortable in the appendix or 330 position. It works well for the snubby 357s given the much shorter barrel. I have been experimenting wearing my Blackhawk Serpa, adjusting the canting angle at the 330 position with an untucked unbuttoned oxford-style shirt. However, I want the option to just wear my Polo style shirts, also, untucked.

I saw the crossbreed supertuck but that's a lot of leather material. I tend to feel uncomfortable with a design like that. With that being said, I want a smaller footprint that allows for something to be snug against me ITWB, has retention that won't lead to my gun falling out from activity, and feels comfortable. I was looking at the Galco Summer Comfort which appears to offer that.

#4 ·
I'm a little chunky, but I like to carry my 23/27 in a High Noon down under at about 830 or 9 (left handed), I just cant the holster more on the belt than the already 15 degrees the holster gives me.

#6 ·
I bought a Crossbreed QwikClip for a Taurus 745, grew to hate the gun and sent the holster back to be re-kydexed for a G26. Neither holster will hold the gun securely; rather the set-up depends on the tension of the waistband/belt to clamp the weapon in place. I couldn't trust it in any vigorous activity and I don't find it to be any more comfortable than other IBW setups. But; it is well constructed and the CS from Crossbreed is top notch.

#8 ·
I often carry my 23 in a SC. It's comfortable, and it doesn't shift much if you place it with a belt loop between the straps.

I ordered a SuperTuck, it'll likely replace the SC once it comes in.

I have not tried the SC with my 33, but I rarely carry it now.

#11 ·
#14 ·
I carry my G23 in a Highnoon Public Secret in the 2 O'Clock posistion. The Public Secret has no cant. The Highnoon Down Under is the same holster with a forward cant. Go to their web page and take a look at their line as they show photos of all their holsters from all angles.

#19 ·
I use a Highnoon Down Under, myself...bought it for my G23, but also works perfectly with my G27.

#20 ·
I looked at the "Summer Comfort" for my G19 and G23....I opted for a similar model (a little easier on the wallet) from theholsterstore.com called the "Deep Comfort"...I also called them to place the order and had them add a sweatguard to the holster...There was no extra cost. I paid about $49 and am extremely happy with it.

I also have a supertuck. After wearing that with the 23 I found it more comfortable then the "Deep Comfort" for long days...

I didn't ditch the "Deep Comfort" just use it for shorter carry time...It would be more comfortable with the 26 or 27 due to the shorter length of the holster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.