Concealed Carry Options for the PF9

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Options for the PF9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would appreciate members' comments on methods for concealed carrying the PF9 specifically what works best for you when wearing casual clothes (ie shorts, jeans, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Options for the PF9

I would appreciate members' comments on methods for concealed carrying the PF9 specifically what works best for you when wearing casual clothes (ie shorts, jeans, pullover shirts, etc.) during the summer months. What IWB works well for you and is anyone using a pocket/belt clip available from Kel-Tec for carrying this pistol? Thanks!

PF-9 Carry Options

A couple-three years ago, I bought a cheap-o nylon WRB tuck-able IWB holster at a Houston gun show. It's not much to look at but it works fine. It came with a couple of phone pouches to hook on the outside of the belt clip to provide further cover. It provides a very secure perch for my PF-9. I have not used the phone pouches much but I usually tuck my shirt over the pistol as I usually only carry it now as a back-up-gun. It sits securely, tucked in the small of my back and is relatively comfortable even when driving. When I carry the KelTek as a primary, I usually use an Uncle Mike's pocket holster and keep it in my right front pocket with a spare mag in the other pocket.
    Good luck.
    [B]"The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them" - William Clayton[/B]

CMR

Thumbs up

I like the IWB's from Don Hume. Either the Clip or Snap On. I have the Snap On and its great for concealment.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

PF9 Carry Options

Thanks for the suggestions; very helpful. Probably need to get both a pocket holster and IWB for different occasions. Have you had any problems with slide rust when carried either way? I have seen some information about plating the slide. Is this recommended?

As you know, the Texas summer can make a camel sweat so generally wipe carry-guns down before I put them back in the safe at the end of the week. I have not experienced any rust or discoloration on the slide from carrying against my skin, though I usually have on a t-shirt.
    [B]"The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them" - William Clayton[/B]

VIP Member
    Cross Breed Super Tuck works great with a T-shirt. I forget its there.

I've always used a High Noon Bare Asset and the tuckable version, the Split Decision, depending on what shirt I'm wearing. They work so well, I've never even thought about anything else.

Ron
    I carry mine in a Mika pocket holster. Fits in any type of pants or shorts with just a T shirt here in Florida. Does not print gun, and stays in the pocket on the draw. Great holster for pocket carry.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    I like the IWB's from Don Hume. Either the Clip or Snap On. I have the Snap On and its great for concealment.
    +1 for Don Hume, I also have a Highnoon that works very well.
    Glock 32 & 27
    Kimber Ultra & Crimson
    Ruger SR9c
    Kahr PM9
    Sig P238

The PF9 is so small and light, one doesn't need much to keep it in place. I have a simple Grandfather Oak kydex IWB with one snap-loop - I think it works very well.

The Don Hume clip-on IWB was not satisfactory for me - no cant and no sweat guard, which to me is critical if you go without a t-shirt/wife beater between you and the rig.

The only corrosion issue I've noticed so far is the mag release...it's unclear to me how to prevent it from rusting.

Good Luck,

Dave

I don't use the pocket/belt clip because I like the trigger protected.
    I use a Tagua iwb molded for a 3" 1911. The one I have is black with a metal belt clip. And has a longer piece of leather on the inside to keep the slide from rubbing. And it fits this gun perfectly.

Hope this helps.

I have two PF9s, both with hardchrome uppers to resist sweat corrosion better. On one, I've mounted one of Kel-Tec's belt clips, which I modified by reducing the length of the flared tip, which was much too long and sharp. I can carry that one easily in a boot top or waistband. For the other one, I have a K&D tuckable holster. K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories These guns are so small and flat, there are few 9x19s that are as easily concealed, and none for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by dsoine View Post
    ...... I have a simple Grandfather Oak kydex IWB with one snap-loop - I think it works very well.

Dave
    Pic please. I'm interested in their holster for mine but want to see how much is covered on both sides before I wait 2 months to find out. Thsnks.

Quote Originally Posted by stumprat View Post
    I use a Tagua iwb molded for a 3" 1911. The one I have is black with a metal belt clip. And has a longer piece of leather on the inside to keep the slide from rubbing. And it fits this gun perfectly.

Hope this helps.
    Please explain! I've saw this posted numerous times and I don't get it. The pf9 has to be almost half as thick as 1911, am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Cross Breed Super Tuck works great with a T-shirt. I forget its there.
    I am waiting on my ordered Supertuck as well. After trying a bunch of IWB single clips ( High Noon, Tagua, etc.) I was just not happy with how the single clip options would move around on my hip. After I tried on the Supertuck, I was sold. Great steel clips and the holster didn't move when I sat down or walked quickly. Could not believe I messed around with other holsters for so long.
    Carry on my friend~~

Smith & Wesson SW9VE
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15
    Kel-Tec PF9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links