Guns & Ammo TV Episode 11 Season 1 -- aired yesterday (Wed) on the Outdoor Channel

Guns & Ammo TV Episode 11 Season 1 -- aired yesterday (Wed) on the Outdoor Channel

This is a discussion on Guns & Ammo TV Episode 11 Season 1 -- aired yesterday (Wed) on the Outdoor Channel within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The first story of the episode chronicles the training of a novice shooter at Thunder Ranch in Texas over five days. The focus is on ...

The first story of the episode

chronicles the training of a novice shooter at Thunder Ranch in Texas over five days. The focus is on the daughter of a Guns & Ammo TV crew member, Michelle Simpson. Each day's activities are recorded so that the audience has an idea of the curriculum at Thunder Ranch. At the beginning of the segment for day two there is a close-up camera shot of Michelle's sidearm/holster. The camera holds her rig for 5-7 seconds. She's carrying a XD 9mm in a OWB kydex holster -- that much I know.

I'll try to describe the rig for those that haven't seen/don't remember the episode. The two pieces of Kydex that comprise the holster are rounded smooth on the outside, not molded around the slide and trigger like kydex holsters from Fist, Comp-Tac, Fobus etc. The gun sits between the two halves of the holster like a clam in its shell. There are no visible points on the exterior of the holster that show where hardware like screws or rivets have been used to join the two sides together. If standing behind someone who is wearing the holster at 3:00 you would be able to see the underside of the trigger guard because it is exposed at the rear. The inside and outside of the holster and the trigger guard are level and flush so that when the sidearm is holstered there is virtually no tolerance between the pistol and the holster. Inside the holster, forward of the trigger guard, there is a cylindrical brace barely visible about 3/4 in dia. that apparently holds the two sides together. All in all the system is minimalist with clean lines and a high ride. It looks to be of very high quality.

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the holster? I've never seen anything like it and I think it would be great conceal piece for the Para 1911 Commander I plan to buy in the near future.

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

A picture is worth a thousand words

I realized how hopeless it was to conjure a mental image in the mind from my description of the holster. So I took pictures of the TV.

[img=http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7341/sta600017mi.th.jpg]
    [img=http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/3613/sta600020by.th.jpg]

Blackhawk, maybe? The CQC model without the Serpa lock in it. I only have a side photo of the CQC but I think that's it..

Links