Dukalmighty's holster

Dukalmighty's holster

This is a discussion on Dukalmighty's holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Its been a few weeks since I was sent a holster from Dukalmighty for my 228. It is a IWB, twin clip design. I promised ...

Administrator

Dukalmighty's holster

Its been a few weeks since I was sent a holster from Dukalmighty for my 228. It is a IWB, twin clip design. I promised an honest review in the open forum, I really need to get it started. I've been very busy with work, kids and projects around the house, sorry its so late.

I have not had a lot of time to actually wear the holster, but I have spent a few days with it, mostly around the house doing odds and ends.
    The holster is very comfortable, but the materials some of the workmanship leads to some issues that need attention. (and they are getting attention, this is a first run 'prototype' to be fair)

The main issue is the clips. The kydex is roughly cut and is no where near stiff enough to provide adequate support for the weight of the 228. BUT, the positioning of the clips is spot on. Unfortunately, the clips are the Achilles heel of this holster. There needs to be a stiffer alternative, I suggest steel, much like the Crossbreed clip.

Using the straps, it is much better, but requires the belt/holster combo to be worn a little tighter. This is true with best of the best though and it was nice to have that option sent too.

The leather work is pretty good though. It fits the 228 well, but is not as snug as a new professionally made holster. I like to think of it as a pre broken in holster. It wears much like an old friend of a holster. I like that myself. The hand stitching was nice and neat, far better than I could ever hope to do. The finish also showed the learning curve of the maker... but that doesn't matter much to me anyway. Its an IWB holster. Who cares what the finish looks like.

All in all, I think Dukalmighty is well on his way to becoming another trusted holster maker at DC.

More to come as the holster gets worn more.
    "Just blame Sixto"

ntg
    Thanks...my interest continues.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

SIXTO, do you have any pics of this holster? Dukalmighty just made/shipped me this one. I will use this and an Uncle Mikes Kydex while waiting for my Pure Kustom.
    Attached Images
    Kimber Custom TLE II, GLOCK 30SF, GLOCK 19C, Walther PK380
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro (Greyhound) Holster
    Mega Arms Billet AR-15's
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Good review. Hope it helps him tweek his product to perfection. Considerate of you to make the point that this is a prototype, which is always a diamond in the rough. Would have liked a picture, even "in the rough."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I've learned a few things in the last several weeks and will start searching for steel clips and do away with the leather loops.Thanks for the review Sixto, I was never very artistic and couldn't even draw a decent stick person,that was one of the first and It was pre broke in before It shipped,I have to pry my mold guns out of the leather after forming them.I'm still working on tweaking the finish,the Dye covers well but doesn't buff out shiny so I need to get some kind of leather sheen.I'm heading out for a weeks vacation so will be offline,any messages will be answered around this time next week.Thanks Steve
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Yes, I do have pictures, but I am really bad about posting pictures. I'm a bit "challenged" when it comes to posting pictures. Me and camera's don't get along to well.

Also, I just reread my review... and I kinda blasted the holster when I really didn't intend to. The holster over all is actually nice. Its a true diamond in the rough.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Heres a pic of the holster shipped to Sixto

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links