Can an OWB holster be ambidextrious?

This is a discussion on Can an OWB holster be ambidextrious? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found a used OWB Tagua Leather holster online for my S&W 442, one with slots for a belt. The guy selling it says it ...

I found a used OWB Tagua Leather holster online for my S&W 442, one with slots for a belt. The guy selling it says it is ambidextrious and can be worn on either the right or left side. I'm new to holsters so my knowledge on them is minimal. From what I've seen, most holsters look like they curve a little bit to conform with the body, but this one looks like it is pretty symmetrically straight and uncurved, so I guess it could be ambidextrious. So my question is can some OWB holsters be used on either side? Thanks for any insight

That generally means it is a soft or structureless holster to be able to do that. I don't recommend them because it will be very hard to re-holster which is one of the primary advantages of an OWB holster.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

If it is vertical you could make it a cross draw but also awkward and not recommended. If it has multiple belt loop holes I suppose it could be made into a more functional cross draw. Don't cheap on something that might save your life. Buy two if you really need two.
    Rob

www.BiancheriUSA.com

I have one and Love it and have used it both ways.

Links