poor mans holster

This is a discussion on poor mans holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; But it does serve its purpose. First I measured my 380 bersa from the front of the pistol grip to the end of the barrel ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: poor mans holster

poor mans holster

But it does serve its purpose. First I measured my 380 bersa from the front of the pistol grip to the end of the barrel then I went to the hardware store (lowes) and I looked for a contractors radio or cell phone case, it measured perfect. A little modification was necessary.First I cut a slot on the flap of the case so as to let the web of your hand guard or what ever its called go through the slot, next I sewed a piece of velcro to the end of the flap and there you are. It doesn't look half bad and it makes it safe to carry. You can clip it to your belt or run your belt through the loop all for less than $10.00 I'll come back later to see who liked my idea and to see who didn't.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Whatever works… Granted, we could all save a bundle if we took a similar approach but the fact is, many of us are obsessed with this hobby. Nothing but the best will do, or close to it. I wish I could be satisfied with an over the counter gun, and one pithy holster and call it done. Unfortunately, I would likely end up like 'Nemo' at the end of the movie and say... "Now what?"
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum

It is nice to hear about someone doing creative and innovative things.
    For future reference check out some Uncle Mikes holsters they do make affordable rigs for cheap.

Oh and
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Good luck with your homemade rig...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Works for me

Welcome to the forum from Delaware!

If it works, your good to go!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

as long as it works, as in, it doesnt blow any holes thru u or anything or any body then alright!

i would like to see pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by WELDER View Post
    But it does serve its purpose. First I measured my 380 bersa from the front of the pistol grip to the end of the barrel then I went to the hardware store (lowes) and I looked for a contractors radio or cell phone case, it measured perfect. A little modification was necessary.First I cut a slot on the flap of the case so as to let the web of your hand guard or what ever its called go through the slot, next I sewed a piece of velcro to the end of the flap and there you are. It doesn't look half bad and it makes it safe to carry. You can clip it to your belt or run your belt through the loop all for less than $10.00 I'll come back later to see who liked my idea and to see who didn't.
    Welcome to the forum.
    There are a lot of creative folks here. Welcome to the club! Like to see some pics.

poor mans holster
    See? What bothers me sometimes is the economics involved with CC and the current state of economics in this country as a whole. DIY has nothing to do with cheap since what we save on one thing ends up getting spent on another. It's our focus and intent and what we do with them that make the difference.
    "Serves the purpose"..........define please what purpose.
    Looks? What should a CC holster look like?
    "Makes it safe to carry"
    For you or for the criminal that's ready to take you out?
    Nothing wrong with creativity. Lord knows we all have some of that. Sometimes the big picture is rather elusive when we are on a mission to solve one thing. Usually solving one thing takes our focus away from everything else involved even though we should go one step at a time in solving a problem. Often times, the larger scope of things is what eludes us the most at the time we are most focused. It's like finding a galaxy in the night sky when you're looking for it where it's supposed to be. Let your peripheral vision see your way to the source. There's so much more.

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Cool on the holster, share some pics. And welcome to the forum.

My boss has a Bersa 380, neat little gun.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Welcome to DC, congrats on making the holster BUT....
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    What? You didn't spend $110+ on something to hold your gun in place? IS your life not worth more than a $10 wannabe holster? Off with your head!

Hey, if it works for you and serves its purpose, more power to you. I find it a bit surprising what people will spend on a fancy holster no one should ever see, worrying about "reholstering" a firearm that probably will never be drawn, etc.

If you're anything like me, you're probably rough on gear too. I can have a brand new Timex watch every year, or I can have a megabuck Rolex that's beat to crap in a year. Funny thing is, they both tell the same time.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by WELDER View Post
    But it does serves it purpose. First I measured my bersa 380 from the front of pistol grip to the end of the barrel,then I went to Lowes and I looked for a contractors radio or cell phone case, it measured perfect. A little modification was necessary. I cut a slot on the flap of the case so as to let the web of your hand guard or what ever its called go through the slot, next i sewed a piece of velcro to the end of the flap and that's all there is to it. It doesn't look have bad and it does make it safe to carry. You can clip it to your belt or run your belt through the loop.All for less than $10.00. I'll wait and see what kind of comments I get from this.
    good, is no better feeling than doing something yourself, put some pics at least, Im curious !!

My computer skills are limited I'll have a picture later

[QUOTE=OldVet;1627053]I can have a brand new Timex watch every year, or I can have a megabuck Rolex that's beat to crap in a year. Funny thing is, they both tell the same time.

Well said

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links