dukalmighty's HOLSTER Review (BIG BIG BIG PICS)

This is a discussion on dukalmighty's HOLSTER Review (BIG BIG BIG PICS) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ***NO AFFILIATION*** Also I want to apologize for the picture size, I am unsure how to resize them without throwing them into photoshop and resizing, ...

Thread: dukalmighty's HOLSTER Review (BIG BIG BIG PICS)

dukalmighty's HOLSTER Review (BIG BIG BIG PICS)

***NO AFFILIATION***

Also I want to apologize for the picture size, I am unsure how to resize them without throwing them into photoshop and resizing, and frankly I'm to lazy to do that tonight.

Anyways just received it today, been wearing it around for a few hours, I'M IMPRESSED!

The fit to my gun (SR9c) is AMAZING, actually so tight I'm gonna have to break it in more before I can freely draw from the holster.

It has great reinforcement to keep the mouth open when the holster is empty. The sweat guard is the PERFECT size, I mean to the cm perfect. He had a SR9 mold and had to cut the holster down to fit my SR9c perfectly, and he did just that.

The quality of the holster is better than I thought it was going to be. I mean it doesn't look like a pure kustom or milt sparks, but then again to me I don't need shiny leather, as I'm wearing this holster IWB. It needs to FUNCTION, that's it. It does just that.

The holster is even adjustable, he put 3 holes in the front hook for me to adjust my cant. It comes with a small amount of cant and I adjust it for more.

The only real negative thing, if you can even call it negative, is the hooks. I'm not even sure what type of material they are, probably a sort of plastic (or they feel that way anyways). There is nothing wrong with them by any means, they work perfectly, I just was expecting metal I guess.... but can't knock them as they work perfectly fine.

Anyways, the pics don't really do this holster justice. I mean, I AM IMPRESSED... for the price I paid, I was expecting HALF this quality of a holster. He made it for me in a matter of 2-3 days, shipped it, had it in 3 more days... so about a week to get it altogether (and think there was even a weekend in there).

dukalmighty (Steve) is AMAZING to talk to and work with, his professionalism and customer service rival the best, A+ for sure.

Again I want to stress that the craftsmanship is VERY good in my book. Again for the price paid I was expecting much less. I'm VERY happy and will be buying more holsters for sure from him, no questions. I just can't afford $175 holsters, and for something that goes in my waistband I don't really care how "cool" they look... for me, needing a good functioning holster, this was it. I would like one day to own a pure kustoms holster, they look very nice, but I will most likely be buying one of these holsters for each new weapon I get.

For future holsters, maybe he could purchase some "pretty" leather (which he actually told me he was thinking of doing) to make nice shiny holsters for those who like that sort of thing.

Other than that, I haven't owned many holsters, so I can't really point out anything else wrong with it, maybe some of you folks can tell some things from the pictures.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I don't mean offense, just my opinion upon review of pics:

- Not bad at all but I hope it didn't cost you more than $30.00
    - I surely couldn't do it that nice
    - Just looks unfinished and crude
    - Clips look flimsy

Its an IWB so it wont matter how it looks.

If it works and it was cheap then its a keeper!
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    How did you scratch it up so quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    How did you scratch it up so quickly?
    So much focusing in on the looks of an IWB holster.... Not just you, but most everybody.

I dunno guess I'm just different, I don't really care how it looks, I just want it to function properly.

Guess it strikes me odd that people seem so concerned with the looks when it seems most everybody likes the crossbreed holsters, which are UGLY as sin.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Millerb7 View Post
    So much focusing in on the looks of an IWB holster.... Not just you, but most everybody.

I dunno guess I'm just different, I don't really care how it looks, I just want it to function properly.

Guess it strikes me odd that people seem so concerned with the looks when it seems most everybody likes the crossbreed holsters, which are UGLY as sin.
    Noting wrong with that outlook. Its just that you can get a nice finish on a nice holster for under $60 that will also work well. If you get a holster that is unfinished and crude, yet works just as well, it should cost about half as much. You still have not told the price you paid for it.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I paid $50 (including shipping) from Texas to Ohio.

I have looked endlessly around here in Ohio (Cincinnati area) and CANNOT find any holsters worth a damn. I have bought numerous ones for around the $25 mark and NONE of them have any retention at all. The gun just falls out.

I can violently shake this one and the gun won't budge, which I like.

I mean I'll be honest, it's not the quality of a Pure Kustoms, which is what I wanted to buy. For the 3 day wait time, and the price though, I am satisfied.

I've been in touch with steve multiple times and I believe he's gonna fix the clip issue (by using totally different clips) and I'm going to get a different holster with the new clips.

I also feel the customer service I'm dealing with is A+++.

Also we have to remember Steve is rather new to the business of making holsters as well.

I know rocky has some amazing customer service, I've talked to him a few times on the phone, and again, one day I will own a pure kustoms "black ops pro" holster.... but until then, I wanted a good holster, and I believe that's what I received. This thing just hugs my body, keeping my SR9c so tight into my body I can actually wear it 3:00-4:30 without any issues, where as the holster I had been using, I had to wear it at 6:00 so it would hide.

The only complaint I had was about the clips and that's being rectified.

I have been wearing my dukalmighty holster daily for a little over a month. I love mine also. dukalmight (Steve) is disabled and makes these holsters with one hand! He does his best to give you exactly what you are asking for and as far as I'm concerned he did an excellent job on mine. I also paid $50 for mine, but sent an extra $10 (towards a blue gun) for the excellent service I received. Steve mailed my holster out prior to my sending him the check, the holster and check crossed in the mail. I'm proud to call Steve my friend and he's an excellent person to deal with, plus he's a DC Forum member.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

For the price, it looks like a great little holster. I hope he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I have been wearing my dukalmighty holster daily for a little over a month. I love mine also. dukalmight (Steve) is disabled and makes these holsters with one hand! He does his best to give you exactly what you are asking for and as far as I'm concerned he did an excellent job on mine. I also paid $50 for mine, but sent an extra $10 (towards a blue gun) for the excellent service I received. Steve mailed my holster out prior to my sending him the check, the holster and check crossed in the mail. I'm proud to call Steve my friend and he's an excellent person to deal with, plus he's a DC Forum member.
    +1

I mean what amazes me the most is the concerns I had regarding the clips he is going to fix... he's looking into purchasing new clips totally for his holsters and I should be getting the update as well.
    Amazing guy to deal with.

GM
    I had never heard about dukalmighty holster until now. Check following link, he has many nice holsters!
    Pictures by dukalmighty - Photobucket
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Links