1911 in a MTAC...

This is a discussion on 1911 in a MTAC... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the CTAC with my 3" 1911, because they hadnt come out with the MTAC when I got it. I think its a great ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 in a MTAC...

I have the CTAC with my 3" 1911, because they hadnt come out with the MTAC when I got it. I think its a great holster. the only thing that could make it better is if it was a MTAC!
    You wont be dissapointed with it, I think its the best choice out there.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

2. Remove Ads

I have three 1911s I carry all of them in a Mtac. I use the same holster for them, the fullsize no problems. Your observation about some IWB holsters riding high and giving the feeling that they may roll over the belt is what I used to feel before getting the MTAC. The belt clips fit low enough that the holster does not feel like it is going to roll over on you.

I use a M-Tac for a Beretta 92FS and love it will get another one for my next gun.
    Hitler once said, “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.”

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    Your observation about some IWB holsters riding high and giving the feeling that they may roll over the belt is what I used to feel before getting the MTAC.
    Thats where I'm at right now with my VM2, its a great holster, but I can't get over the feeling that, for a shorter barreled 1911, it should ride lower than a full size gun. With my little Kimber Ultra, there's far less of a "rudder" stabalizing the gun inside the pants. If the gun sat 1/2" lower in the rig, I think it would feel alot better.

I really like the VM2 design, and I'm tempted to try some of its 'knock-off' designs, to see if I can get something a little more comfortable.
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

Got my MTAC in the mail yesterday, love it! Wearing it right now with Perry suspenders and a CSM lined Wilderness Instructors Belt. (I'm a skinny dude and the belt chafes my hip wings so I have those excellent suspenders as well.)

Only had one issue with it when it came last night. The little indentation in the kydex that grabs into the trigger guard would not allow me to fluidly draw from my waistband even with zero retention on the retention screws. A metal 3-sided file and some fine grit sandpaper leveled it out and its now as smooth as butter to draw, but won't fall out. I highly recommend this holster!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links