Defensive Carry banner

Richie CQ-QR holster?

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  GM 
#1 ·
Does anyone here have one of these rigs for a S&W J-frame? If so could you post pics of it and it rides? Is this a good rig?

#2 ·
Skip made me one for my Colt Cobra about two months ago and I love it, comfortable, very concealable. easy on/off and I had it in about three weeks!! He's also making me a carrier for my speed loader which I should have soon. Prior to this I used (and still have) a Sherrick Hi-Ride, Garrity Enforcer and an old Alessi scabbard. The CQQR outshines them all!! Heres some front and side pics with me wearing it.

These are by far my favorite carry rigs and I have at least one for every pistol I own, the majority being made by my dearly departed friend Lou but honestly if I put one of Lou's side by side with one of Skips, I cannot tell the difference. can't say the same for the "new" Alessi sadly. FWIW, SKip called me this morning and asked me to post these pics as I have done nothing but rave about this since I got it. Normally I carry a 1911 or M&P 357sig but this rig is so comfortable I'll probably wear it all summer!

#4 ·
HBE Shark, great belt but I don't like the metal insert. The insert is only about 10 inches long and reinforces the area where most would carry IWB or OWB but it feels like cheap metal and makes it a real pain to thread thru the loops on a few of my holsters and tends to kink or bunch up. I prefer a full kevlar reinforcing strip. Otherwise it's a great belt and the workmanship is fantastic.

#5 ·
Thanks looks like a great rig and looks like it could make a smith J frame disappear under a t shirt nicely.

I forgot to ask two more questions, does this holster allow for snag free draws when used with a revolver with a hammer spur? Does it offer a sweat shield?

#6 ·
I have only worn this rig about six times and the draws are lightning fast. Retention is outstanding and when putting the gun in you need to give it a good "twist" as your pushing down but once in it stays till needed. There is no sweat shield and IMO it's not required as the only part of the gun not covered by the CQQR is the grips. As you can see my Cobra does have a regular hammer. I carry this rig a bit more forward than my usual but I have a bad rotator cuff so placement will be up to you. Honestly, I'd be shocked if you didn't feel the way I do about the CQQR. Shoot me an e-mail if you have any other questions or would like some other pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.