My HUGE Brommeland Order

This is a discussion on My HUGE Brommeland Order within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; About two months ago, I recieved my order from Gary Brommeland. Wait time was approximately 2.5 months. At the time of my order he did ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My HUGE Brommeland Order

My HUGE Brommeland Order

About two months ago, I recieved my order from Gary Brommeland. Wait time was approximately 2.5 months. At the time of my order he did not offer the service grade option, so these are all finished in the presentation grade. During the wait, Gary was awesome. We talked several times on the phone and he kept me updated.

For the longest time, I have used a whole bunch of mismatched holsters, really using whatever the flavor of the day was. I finally decided once and for all that I wanted to get all new, high quality holsters that would last a long time. I also wanted something that concealed very well, and could be worn all day, even during long bouts of driving. I ordered Max Con V's for a Glock 19, 5" 1911, a Commander (not shown as my Commander is off getting new sights), and a Browning Hi Power. Along with the holsters, I ordered his excellent single magazine holder.

I'm no gun writer, so I hope I convey how pleased I am with my order. These are by far the most comfortable IWB holsters I have ever used. With the Glock and BHP, the gun just disappears and you do not realize you are wearing them. With a 5" 1911, you know it is there, but is is so comfortable you don't mind one bit. These holsters really shine when driving. Usually when I drive with a IWB, I can feel it digging into my lower back. I'm constantly reaching back and adjusting it, canting it forward to get it out of your lower back. Not with these.

Something else I really like is how close the holster pulls the butt of the pistol in close to your back. I'm 6'-3", about 205 lbs, I guess you could say athletic build. Before, to effectively conceal a 1911, I needed to wear a XL t shirt. With the Max Con V, I can easily conceal a 1911 with just a Large t shirt. With the butt of the gun so close to your body, it conceals very well.

The holsters also seem to really just form to your body. The way he designs them, they seem to just mold to your hip bone. Again, very comfortable, and you don't have to constantly be reaching back and readjusting your pistol.

In short, I'm thrilled with my new holsters. I did a lot of research before choosing as I wanted this to be my last holster purchase for a long time. I wanted to standardize everything once and for all. Gary's design is similiar to offerings from Sparks, Garrity, etc. While all are great holsters, I liked the fact that he put emphasis on his design being comfortable while driving, plus his turn around time and prices were very good. Gary has been a true pleasure to work with and I would not hesitate to order again from him.
    Last edited by Scot45; June 10th, 2006 at 06:49 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    oh man! you got a bunch of goodies! thats the way to do it, get 'em all at once! I have one on order for my BHP, it is the service grade one tho, I'm sure it will still be nice! Enjoy your stuff, it all looks great!
    RKBA

John

Could you please post a link to Gary's site?

Thanks. They look great!

DC Founder
    That is one really nice set of leather (and guns), Scott. I love my MaxCon V for my 1911. If the Glock and the BHP are more comfortable than the 1911, they really must disappear. Mine is extremely comfortable. Congrats on a great matched set....

Brommeland's link is here and in our "Related Links" in the blue header line, Jay.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jay gatsby
    Could you please post a link to Gary's site?

Thanks. They look great!
    www.brommelandgunleather.com

Matt

Very nice! Are you going to get a Brommeland belt too? That'd make the PERFECT combo!

I am sooooo jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Brommeland's link is here and in our "Related Links" in the blue header line, Jay.
    Thanks for the heads up on the related links, I never noticed it.

I'm still feeiling my way around the place.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Dang I just threw Gary for a loop by requesting a service grade for my Kahr TP9. Unfortunatly he dosent have the model (yet) and I am confident that he will get one and I'll soon have a nice holster like that to carry my new pistol.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

los
    Dear Lord,..I just shorted out my Keyboard!! Congrats.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Administrator

Thumbs up

I know that you were a "happy as all heck" guy what that coveted package showed up on your doorstep.

Never let it be said that Scot45 ain't doin' it right.

NICE BEVY of Brommeland's Best!

Congrats!

Holy cow you have my mouth watering!! I have a service grade MaxConV and single mag pouch on order for my Glock 19.
    Big +1 on Gary's service. I spoke to his wife when I placed my order and once again just to see how it was coming along. She was as nice a person as I have ever spoken to. Good folks who know how to treat their customers.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

I only wish Gary lived closer to Las Vegas so I could get to meet him. We talked a lot on the phone, not just about holsters. In fact we usually talked holsters for maybe 5 minutes, and then talked life, politics, guns, my possible upcoming deplyoment, etc. Very good people those Brommelands!

I'm just glad I got my order in when I did, from what Gary has told me, his holsters are starting to be in high demand, and rightfully so!! Top notch in all respects.

Assistant Administrator
    Wow! What a collection of handsome goodies

Scot - I have separated some of the pics to space them out, so they aren't ''touching'' - just gives each one some space
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Those look great.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Thanks, Scott. I really appreciate your kind words, and I'm glad you like my work. Now, do us all a favor - keep your head down when you go back to the sandbox, and get back home in one piece. We'll be praying for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links