Package from Boise... Milt Sparks Goodness!

This is a discussion on Package from Boise... Milt Sparks Goodness! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received a Priority Mail package from Milt Sparks today... 7 months and 10 days after calling in the order. I opened the box, and ...

Thread: Package from Boise... Milt Sparks Goodness!

I received a Priority Mail package from Milt Sparks today... 7 months and 10 days after calling in the order. I opened the box, and WOW. I'll post a full review after some wear. For now, just a couple comments:
    1)The color of the shark is perfect. Darker than the leather, but still cordovan and not black.
    2)The molding in the trigger guard area is perfectly contoured to the gun. This is different than many VMII's I have seen that have a simple "circle" boned into the leather in that area. This is SO much better and eliminates the only aspect of the holster that I did not find asthetically pleasing.

Now here's the goodness along with my Beltman bullhide and Sig P239 SAS.

Sig Sauer P239 SAS DAK 9mm (EDC)
    MR Micro Desert Eagle .380 acp (BUG)
    Glock G30sf .45 acp (HD)
    Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 12ga (HD)
    WASR 10/63 AK-47 7.62x39 (SHTF)

Great rig you have there!

The sign of some great craftsmanship is the fact that the shark accent wraps completely around to the back of the sweat guard.

This should give many years of happy service to you!

Thanks for the photos.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Very purdy...I love my black cherry/sharkskin combo from HBE. Milt Sparks , and Tony Kanaley of masters of their craft and been very pleasurable to work with when I have contacted them.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

GM
    Very good looking leather you have there. Congrats!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Well, I got to spend my first few hours with this rig on tonight. My first impression is that it is extremely SOLID. My previous rig with this pistol was a Supertuck on a Hunter ProHide belt, which I considered very comfortable. But the stability of the Sparks and Beltman put it to shame. Loop to belt fit is a perfect lockup, and the snaps were operable on the first try. The Beltman is definitely impressive and I feel like it plays a huge role in the overall feel of the rig. The setup is also far thinner than I expected which leads to some excellent comfort. I will update that further after a good break in.

Another pleasant surprise was the mag holder. I have never worn one before and was concerned about comfort and concealability. Let me tell you, this thing has a very thin profile and rides perfectly tight to the body, just like the holster.

And one final note, I am also seeing some beautiful color and pattern on the holster that I really hadn't noticed before. The cordovan horsehide has some fantastic cherry highlights in it that I feel will only become more distinct as the leather wears in.

So far I couldn't be happier! Updates to come...
    Glock G30sf .45 acp (HD)

Distinguished Member
    Stunning.

los
    Congrats on an outstanding conceal carry rig. !
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Beautiful rig. Congratulations!

I love well-made leather. It's a special feeling, that hand-crafted custom holster on you, the feel and scent of leather.

If memory serves, I've got the exact copy made by TT Gun Leather with shark trim for my Beretta and G36.

That said, I thank God I fell in love with the Kydex and get my stuff within a week or two - over 10 holsters last month and more to come. I just can't afford to wait for a year or two.

Thanks for the pics.

Enjoy your rig and stay safe.
    If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.” -- Cicero

VIP Member
    Very nice! I also like Milt Sparks as their quality and customer service is top notch. I'll be ordering my third incarnation next month.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Very pretty! Enjoy, and thanks for posting photos!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thank you all for the comments. I know I said I was going to wait for a while to review comfort, but I don't think I'm going to need to... I wore the combo all day today, driving and walking, and I must say it is incredibly comfortable and stable. My Crossbreed, though great, is hitting the classifieds.

The Milt Sparks and Beltman hype exists for a reason. People don't line up for months and drop $300 on a carry rig just for the heck of it. I'm a believer!

I started on this forum a year ago as I was going through the application process for my permit and just getting back into shooting. I remember salivating over all the carry rigs folks posted on here, and I took my time in working through some various weapons and holsters before hitting the sweet spot with my Sig and the Crossbreed. Once I knew I had found Nirvana with the Sig, it was time to invest the money and time into custom leather.

I hope that anyone who is interested in taking their carry in this direction, has solidly decided on a carry weapon, and has the funds to make it happen will give it a go. I am certainly glad I did.

Thank you to all on this forum who assisted in the past year... what a great group of folks!
    Glock G30sf .45 acp (HD)

Links