i wanted to prove...

This is a discussion on i wanted to prove... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just how concealable a Glock 19 really is, even in OWB! So may people have these guns and often complain of their size, weight, concealability ...

Thread: i wanted to prove...

i wanted to prove...

Just how concealable a Glock 19 really is, even in OWB! So may people have these guns and often complain of their size, weight, concealability or have to get a tuckable holster with snaps. I agree, some of these holsters are a pain to put on and people say they have to dress around the gun they carry. I'm not saying my holster is better than anyone elses, I'm just saying keep looking. There is a perfect option for each one of us and our beloved weapons...

I am 5'8" tall
    Barely 160lbs
    I am wearing a Medium undershirt(not baggy at all)
    Plain old belt...(Need a gun belt)

I took this picture and went to the store with a G19 on my hip in an OWB holster and an undershirt...

It is EASY TO CONCEAL A G19 to anyone new to firearms or someone looking for the right holster...

By the way it is a Galco Combat Master Belt Holster $69.95 @ LGS...
    Attached Images
    Glock 19 Gen. 4
    Ranger T 127+P+
    Gold Dot 124+P

2. Remove Ads

I grabbed a G23 because it's incredibly easy to CC. I'm a bit smaller (5'6", 150lbs), and wearing a normal polo and my normal pants, I can conceal it very well. I carry IWB, right now, with a CrossBreed SuperTuck. I may get the SnapSlide for the G23, depending on how the one I ordered for my SIG goes.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Not too bad.. but you're cheating! You're raising the hand on the same side of the holster, making the shirt ride out more.

I find it easy myself as well. I'm a fit guy (6' 220 lbs) with a narrow waist and broad chest and shoulders. Wearing a loose fitting shirt over an OWB easily conceals it.

I notice on heavier guys with love handles it doesn't work so well.
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."

VIP Member
    That may conceal and no doubt be more comfortable than a IWB holster but your draw is up around the armpit.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    Not too bad.. but you're cheating! You're raising the hand on the same side of the holster, making the shirt ride out more.

I find it easy myself as well. I'm a fit guy (6' 220 lbs) with a narrow waist and broad chest and shoulders. Wearing a loose fitting shirt over an OWB easily conceals it.

I notice on heavier guys with love handles it doesn't work so well.
    I'm one of those guys, i'm in decent shape and have put a few lbs in the ol'stomach area (5'10'' 200 lbs) and it's hard to conceal even a tight OWB holster/belt setup cause of these nice love handles.

To the OP it looks good on you though, if it works go with it for sure.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I conceal a G23 no problem...with the right holster and bely anything is possible. I am 6'3" and 285 BTW.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I think too many people are afraid that something more than a G26 is too big. It's not but sometimes they just can't get their head around the idea of carrying a bigger gun.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by sfl1972 View Post
    Just how concealable a Glock 19 really is, even in OWB! So may people have these guns and often complain of their size, weight, concealability or have to get a tuckable holster with snaps. I agree, some of these holsters are a pain to put on and people say they have to dress around the gun they carry. I'm not saying my holster is better than anyone elses, I'm just saying keep looking. There is a perfect option for each one of us and our beloved weapons...

I am 5'8" tall
    Barely 160lbs
    I am wearing a Medium undershirt(not baggy at all)
    Plain old belt...(Need a gun belt)

I took this picture and went to the store with a G19 on my hip in an OWB holster and an undershirt...

It is EASY TO CONCEAL A G19 to anyone new to firearms or someone looking for the right holster...

By the way it is a Galco Combat Master Belt Holster $69.95 @ LGS...
    All depends of the attire. When you are wearing a not tight t-shirt or large clothes it is not difficult to conceal a G19. But not all people can or want to dress in that way.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    All depends of the attire. When you are wearing a not tight t-shirt or large clothes it is not difficult to conceal a G19. But not all people can or want to dress in that way.
    True!

I CC a Glock 22 most of the time (except when I stuff my LCP into my cargo shorts pocket!)
    If I'm wearing tighter fiting clothes, I use my supertuck.
    If I'm wearing looser (even just a dress shirt untucked) I go with a Fobus OWB.

99.9% of people are so oblivious to their surroundings.... it doens't matter much, as long as it isn't HANGING OUT ALL OVER! (Even then...)
    John VanDusen

"Whether it's a football game or an IED attack, you play EXACTLY how your practice."

"Put your trust in God, and keep your powder dry." ~Oliver Cromwell

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Very true. I'm 5'8, 155lbs, 30" waist.
    2-92FS's.
    Attached Images

i wanted to prove...

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I conceal a G23 no problem...with the right holster and bely anything is possible. I am 6'3" and 285 BTW.
    Jwhite,

What holster do you use?
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Links