My PushPak outted me

This is a discussion on My PushPak outted me within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The PushPak is just where you carry your Tactical Nuke stuff......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My PushPak outted me

The PushPak is just where you carry your Tactical Nuke stuff...

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Tactical purse......

sounds like a new product from 5.11
    NEW!!!! Quick draw lipstick holster!
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I have a Maxpedition bag that is similar to the 5.11 Push Pack that I do use for a camera back. I also carry my Colt Defender in it sometimes. Usually the Defender is on my hip with the spare ammo in the bag.

Anyway, the color is sage green (less tactical color, than black or OD Green) and I have put some geek patches on it. Like UFP or Umbrella Corporation. I have some Vespa patches that I switch out. Depends on what I am doing that day. That kind of takes away from the tactical look. Just a suggestion.
    Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.

VIP Member
    This gun purse was originally posted by forum member 'pax' and so I passed it on to a female friend. It's the only gun purse I've seen that looks like it was actually designed for women. Almost all other offerings look more like' military uniform purses. Anyway, I took the liberty to include the photos from the vendor's website.

PHILIPCLEMENTS MADE IN SPAIN
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Saber; May 28th, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Ditch anything made of nylon for a purse, it's a dead giveaway. Especially something with MOLLE over it, that slings over your shoulder. Seriously, what were you expecting?

Look at some of the various holster manufacturers and their offerings for a handbags with holster pockets sewn into them, try to be as gray as possible if you need to carry off body.

You might be able to get away with something small and light like a Safepacker. My wife use to carry her gun in one, along with a small wallet, and keys. I kept telling her to carry the gun on her, but this is another discussion for another topic/forum. After our little one was born 4 months ago she stopped carrying the gun in the safepacker and got a huge diaper bag. I took a needle and some thread and sewed a few strips of velcro into the bag, then took a spare Eagle velcro holster I had laying around and mounted it inside of one of the main pockets. I made a few other mods to the bag like sewing velcro in the top of the pocket and adding a pull tab (I do all the sewing in the house).

You just have to think outside the box, but if you can buy it off the web then someone out there will be able to recognize it, no matter how hard you try.

i seen a guy at my college, had a tactical book bag, like blackhawk or something, i thought he'd be carrying, atleast not on college, or a knife at the minium...i dont like carrying those tactical looking bags...

Not a fan of off-body carry.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Anyone who has been to Gear Zone probably has seen 5:11 stuff.

I like the quality of tacticool gear, but it's a dead giveaway for gun owners.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by tennvol View Post
    Ditch anything made of nylon for a purse, it's a dead giveaway. Especially something with MOLLE over it, that slings over your shoulder. Seriously, what were you expecting?

Look at some of the various holster manufacturers and their offerings for a handbags with holster pockets sewn into them, try to be as gray as possible if you need to carry off body.

You might be able to get away with something small and light like a Safepacker. My wife use to carry her gun in one, along with a small wallet, and keys. I kept telling her to carry the gun on her, but this is another discussion for another topic/forum. After our little one was born 4 months ago she stopped carrying the gun in the safepacker and got a huge diaper bag. I took a needle and some thread and sewed a few strips of velcro into the bag, then took a spare Eagle velcro holster I had laying around and mounted it inside of one of the main pockets. I made a few other mods to the bag like sewing velcro in the top of the pocket and adding a pull tab (I do all the sewing in the house).

You just have to think outside the box, but if you can buy it off the web then someone out there will be able to recognize it, no matter how hard you try.

Thanks all...I have a 'girly' gun purse. It's not nearly as comfy as the PushPak....I have a fullsize 9mm...and the PP is the only thing that decently distributes the wt. (When I can afford a smaller 9mm, I'll buy one).

As for nylon bags being a dead givaway...definitely not here in the Pac NW...we live in polar fleece and carry all sorts of nylon bags/packs.

However now I realize the molle definitely is tell-tale.

I am going to remove the 5.11 label but I hate to remove the molle...I spent good $$ to buy the bag....after careful consideration and a good debate here. I'm just a bit bummed that it seems more obvious than I'd hoped.

Believe it or not, in my rural area, and with me rarely dressing in anything but jeans....the PP suits me very well (I hate carrying a purse, period). But I dont want to attract undue attention to myself.

And I'm not enthusiastic about spending more $$ that I dont have to buy something else. Just looking for perspective mostly. Which I appreciate from everyone so far.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    This gun purse was originally posted by forum member 'pax' and so I passed it on to a female friend. It's the only gun purse I've seen that looks like it was actually designed for women. Almost all other offerings look more like' military uniform purses. Anyway, I took the liberty to include the photos from the vendor's website.

PHILIPCLEMENTS MADE IN SPAIN

Thanks Saber...but I hate purses in general. Aside from my gun, there's barely anything else in my purse. I do have a nice leather gun purse but carrying it is miserable...it doesnt handle the wt well. I noticed esp. at Xmastime....I was miserable carrying it.

I have many links to gun purses. Many thru the Cornered Cat. Believe me...the PushPak really suits me best, style-wise. I'd carry it even if I didnt have a gun (and often do when I cant take my gun!).

I guess it's just a trade off and only I can decide...but hey...I'll definitely keep looking!
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

My wife carries all kinds of "stuff" in her purse and after going thru several leather shoulder bags that cost $50-$60 each--and also having the straps resewn at a shoe repair shop for $25 each time, I spotted the PushPack in a 5.11 catalog. Just about the same size as her purses, but a bit larger in capacity because of the pockets. I asked her if she'd like/would use one and she said sure. I figured if it would hold up to all the stuff a cop might carry in it, it should work for her stuff! I got her a black one and she loves it. She carries everything in it BUT her gun! (Works on a government facility and can't carry there). No one had "made" her yet, to my knowledge, and the bag has been durable way beyond the prior leather "purses", which is saving me money.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links