Blade-tech problem

This is a discussion on Blade-tech problem within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so I have an older model Blade-tech paddle holster. Non injection molded. I love it...great for easy on and off when I need it ...

Thread: Blade-tech problem

Unhappy Blade-tech problem

Ok so I have an older model Blade-tech paddle holster. Non injection molded. I love it...great for easy on and off when I need it for work for my duty Glock 23. Adjustable tension screws, love it. It is an older model that looks like the whole thing paddle and all was formed one one sheet of kydex. It does not see adverse temperatures or changes or abuse. However today I went to put it on and the paddle had a lttle too much give to it. I checked and the underside of the paddle has a stress fracture starting, but not all the way through. I obviously cannot use this holster anymore, for safety purposes. I looked on their website, and no mention of warranty.

ETA: I called right after typing this and the very nice lady on the end of the phone stated that it was covered under warranty, and would be sending out a new one to replace it, all in less than five minutes....great comapny to deal with.
    Last edited by jwhite75; May 26th, 2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Different resolution.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah the older models tend to do that, Fobus as well. The newer ones are better quality and won't crack in that area as easily. I remember the first ones could be twisted and forced to break off leaving the wearer disarmed.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Glad to know they are making good on their warranty. You''l be back in business with the least amount of hassle hopefully. Glock on!

Luckily RamRod...I am a holster junkie and have at least three utility/duty holsters for work, and have a few back ups to choose from until it gets here. LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sounds like you're "good to go!"
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links